Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I was only suggesting those as options, nothing forced on users. I'm all for configuration options, as that's what sets PA apart from rubbish like the Sonos app (which I'm sometimes forced to use for their speakers).

I'm not especially keen on 790's current single-tap  (on most of the screen) to get to Library View, as it's far too easy to do that by accident. I'd prefer a single-tap to be a more easily escapable operation (which is how the v2 release and 70x builds work; and I have both up/down and left/right swipes disabled for the same reason).  

Andre

I didn't realize you could disable the swipes on V2.  I hate when i go to put the phone in the holster i accidentally swipe to  different playlist or song.  then have to drag the phone out and put it back on the playlist again.  

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

I didn't realize you could disable the swipes on V2.  I hate when i go to put the phone in the holster i accidentally swipe to  different playlist or song.  then have to drag the phone out and put it back on the playlist again.  

Yes, swipes can be disabled (vertical and horizontal as separate options) via Settings > Look and Feel > Player UI > Gestures. This works fine in 709, but I can't see the same option in 790.

Andre

Who knows, except @maxmp , when it arrives but whenever it hits this forum, it'll really drive p.amp fans nuts (correlating their passion for high quality listening experience and flawless or near-flawless user interface).

My prediction for the release is mid-june-ish 

2 hours ago, Thind said:

Who knows, except @maxmp , when it arrives but whenever it hits this forum,

When the 790 fork is more feature-complete I will add it to the Downloads tab at the top of the page too. You can subscribe to that page to get notifications of new uploads, just click 'Follow' at the top-right of https://forum.powerampapp.com/files/category/2-alpha-test-builds-of-poweramp-v3/ .

Andre

My only gripe right now is the track list UI.

Would love for an option to select what element to display in track list, i.e. album thumbnail, album name, artist name, title, file name, file format, duration, size, etc.

The space between two songs is too wide because of the album thumbnail. Really like the simplicity in v2 where there's only text.

1 hour ago, monkeybutt said:

My only gripe right now is the track list UI.

Would love for an option to select what element to display in track list, i.e. album thumbnail, album name, artist name, title, file name, file format, duration, size, etc.

The space between two songs is too wide because of the album thumbnail. Really like the simplicity in v2 where there's only text.

If you pinch in the tracklist you can switch the view, same with every other list. Right now its only a gesture but the 3 dot option has it too just not functional. 

EDIT:

derp lol i forgot, I see what you mean Unfortunately there is no simple drop down list. But right now I have mine on the 3x3 grid everywhere. Which gives most tracks without scrolling. Bit I'm on s8+ max res.

3 hours ago, PeterFalk said:

it had to be done a long time ago, what was the point of releasing the intermediate versions, if they were not even supported?

That's what test releases are for. If you don't like them, or have problems, or are unhappy with the wait, just use the release version. But you know that already of course.

Andre

16 hours ago, Zuhri said:

Title and the Album's name.. ruin album art

9 hours ago, Pindar said:

Same I think the same, good point

@maxmp take note

7 hours ago, setaonivek said:

Agreed .. I don't like that at all tbh 

Yeah... +1

27 minutes ago, antonridd said:

Just now noticed that visualizing the track is not synchronous with the song. In the evening I will make a video that would be visually show.

There is a delay adjustment (set per each Audio Output method) to take buffering/etc into account.

Andre

9 hours ago, noremac said:

It's all good man, I just want people to know when it's coming out so they'll stop asking ;)

There is no such situation, when app is ready, but I'm holding it for unknown reason:) No release now means app is not ready. Thanks for the patience!

As warned twice already, thread now cleaned of a page-and-a-half of clutter.

Reminder from the first post in this thread: Development timings are very hard to predict, so timescales can vary. Repeated ETA requests won't help speed up the process, and may even get your post removed as clutter

Andre

More posts asking for ETAs, or discussing asking for ETAs, or complaining about people discussing people who were asking for ETA requests, etc, etc .... removed.

I'll just delete without notice in future, sorry to anyone who was making valid and supportive comments (they are appreciated) but there was more than a page of it and growing, and it was easiest to get rid of it all to stop encouraging more to pop up. Feel free to start a new thread for ETA requests only, but don't necessarily expect answers in there either.

Now, back to discussing build 790 please - so Max can see the wood for the trees in here.

Andre

Hi,

You have plan to have i2s output with Poweramp on odroid ?

Thanks for v3 alpha :)

for the moment I just wait black theme, because I use power amp in my car and at night white theme is too bright for my eyes, thanks

good job.

Archived