Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/1/2018 at 9:06 AM, maxmp said:

@Seve-s Yes, 704 build applied lenovo hi-fi flag (0x4000), but this results in 16-bit output. That was changed in build 709 by other users request to enable 24-bit output. As I wrote before, it can be resolved by specific option to enable/disable OEM variant.

Non-pro light and black skins retain current draggable wave seekbar and overall layout.

Thank you! I love the current UI!

On 6/1/2018 at 12:54 PM, Prosenjit said:

1. I think the difference between black and black pro is one comes with older seek bar and the pro comes with new seek bar just an assumption not sure though. I don't think that you have to pay any extra for a built in theme again an assumption not sure though, even if it is I don't mind to pay Poweramp cost much less than any other crap out there in the play store

2. I guess I already answered

Black = Black Theme for standard Displays

Black Pro = Black Theme for AMOLED Displays

Wow a long time no see from me :) Even high-res over Bluetooth works perfectly now. The interface is nearly flawless and it looks incredible.... I'm speechless on how this player became! Great great great job!

Only notable bug I can confirm is the wrong parentheses on the timestamp in track info, but that's such a tiny detail haha, it's just perfect otherwise.

Sorry for being offtopic, where can I donate to Max? My original purchase was over 4 years ago, I'd like to give something back again.

On 6/1/2018 at 5:54 AM, andrewilley said:

I'll be fascinated to see how this works, as rather than the seekbar being reduced in height to make space for a row of buttons, the buttons appear to be overlaid over it. I'm not quite sure how you seek without passing your finger over the buttons, or vice versa?

Andre

Patience you must have my young padawan; The answer you seek resides in what @maxmp said about "Black Pro". Repeat what he said and you'll find your answer.

10 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

Black = Black Theme for standard Displays

Black Pro = Black Theme for AMOLED Displays

Nope thats not the difference.. 

Pro skin will have Prev/next song buttons and a fully seekable wavebar. Also some tweakings elsewhere

7 hours ago, Ameya28 said:

Nope thats not the difference.. 

Pro skin will have Prev/next song buttons and a fully seekable wavebar. Also some tweakings elsewhere

That's not correct either. Please reread @maxmp follow up post about the different skins and functionality. 

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

When that is released, as part of the next beta build, there will most likely be a new thread to discuss it. Keep en eye on the forums.

Andre

What? New forum post/thread! 

No way, @maxmp is doing that! The new updated beta release and follow-up tweaked releases will be posted here only or at least their links will be provided here if by any chance it's posted on a diff. thread!

By forum requests, added settings to enable/disable skin options:
- static seekbar
- extra buttons

Also, these options are per skin and 3rd party skin developers can implement any number of toggleable options as they seems fit.

device-2018-06-04-024626.jpg

i like gestures for iu, not for music interaction.

swipe left <- should go to the player screen when in lists.

swipe right -> in list goes up level (like now).

swipe down album art should go to current list (like now).

tap album art should hide/show text.

long press album art should expose advanced art selector or delete.  these things should not be that accessible.

option for gesture prev/next.

better yet, make all gestures customizable :D

great ui so far!

34 minutes ago, maxmp said:

By forum requests, added settings to enable/disable skin options:
- static seekbar
- extra buttons

Also, these options are per skin and 3rd party skin developers can implement any number of toggleable options as they seems fit.

device-2018-06-04-024626.jpg

Thank u max for making this best android music player.....what's about v3 beta release plan?

3 minutes ago, Daedalus_MDW said:

better yet, make all gestures customizable :D

They used to be configurable in the past, in the v2 release - at least as far as enable/disable anyway. Maybe that could happen again, but with Swipe Up/Down, Swipe Left/Right, Single Tap, Double-Tap, and Long-Press each having a short list of possibilities in Settings (including to disable completely).

Some thoughts for possible L/R or U/D swipe operations:

• Next/Prev Track
  • Next/Prev List
  • Volume +/-
  • Seek fwd/back (a small distance slide for a few seconds jump, and the more you swipe the bigger the offset - like MX Player)

Tap, Double-Tap, and Long-Press could have a series of choices such as:

• Show/Hide icon overlays
  • Cover Art Downloader
  • Tag editor
  • Context Menu
  • Lyrics show/hide
  • Go to Library View

Just a thought anyway, as one of the things I liked most about the previous v2 of PA was how configurable the interface was. Those sort of basic choices, along with the already-confirmed new feature of choosing the seek bar and buttons style, would make the player uniquely customisable.

Andre

Archived