Poweramp
maxmp

Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

13 hours ago, leo.riv said:

How to use it?

Unzip in internal memory /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/milk_presets

1 hour ago, chilko said:

I got this error on Huawei P20 and Mate 10 Pro - both with Oreo (8.1 and 8.0).

You need to download the package (i.e. the .apk file), ensure that the filename is correct (some mobile browsers can mangle it - download on a computer and copy it over to your phone if you are unsure) and then launch it from a file explorer (don't try to do it in a web browser).

Andre

this the right place to report bugs? when you swipe up from the album art, the app crashes.

9 minutes ago, hkr said:

this the right place to report bugs? when you swipe up from the album art, the app crashes.

Try a clean uninstall/reinstall (or clear app data/cache), some people have reported that helps. (Don't re-import any exported Settings initially, it might be the old settings causing the problem)

Andre

On 5/18/2018 at 10:38 AM, adhiNick said:

this screenshot from old PA build 704 + marsmallow rom.
it should be 2 images as comparation from marsmallow rom + PA 704 vs on oreo + PA 790, i forgot to add the one from oreo...

I believe the problem comes from the oreo roms, since people have reported that alpha build 705 has a working hi-res on Nitrogen OS oreo.

Btw, if you ever found a working combo, please come and report in the "Audiophile Discussion" of XDA

A few suggestions to improve player screen design:

1) Track title and album, which are in black boxes, could be place where the 4 buttons are (random, repeat, ...), and this buttons placed over album art, and because their format, these buttons could have transparence background so album art is better showed.

2) Now, the time and play/pause buttom is placed vertically centered in graph. I feel it hiddens must of the graph is for. Maybe down centered could be best.

3) This time and play/pause buttom, could be used also to show in a graphical manner the time has passed. Using the black box to be filled with a background color as time passed, from left to right. I miss to see how must has passed, and as current design, you must look at the numbers and make an idea.

Hope this propossal could help.

Regards

Fer

so far so good. installed on my LG V20, seems to work fine aside from one little bug. when I enable hi-res, sometimes the built in DAC will change over to "high impedence" mode, other times "auxiliary device". this affects both volume and clarity, as the normal and auxiliary modes do not fully take advantage of the dac, only high impedence (LG says its to save power...honestly would have been nice of them to just give us a button). not sure if this is a V20 issue or a PA issue...either way, figured I'd bring it up.

I'm using V-Moda M80 headphones, 32ohm resistance. I've gotta say...when it kicks into high impedence mode,the bass is strong enough to vibrate all the way down the cord to my phone, almost rattle my brain, and without the slightest loss in clarity, blending very well with treble and midrange. good job Maxx, you the man!

Hello.. Latest builds 708/9 790 etc do NOT play back Opus files no sound with any output option.. 

File appears to play but zero sound from any Bluetooth device or just phone speaker. 

Samsung s8+ latest os updates and patches

All my music is Opus :(

Edit: it was my diffuser settings.. Works now when I changed them. 

Will this Unlocker work on this build - 709 release and future releases (beta+alpha+stable) ?

Screenshot_20180519-221553.png

1 minute ago, Ashtonblaze said:

Hello.. Latest builds 708/9 790 etc do NOT play back Opus files no sound with any output option.. 

File appears to play but zero sound from any Bluetooth device or just phone speaker. 

Samsung s8+ latest os updates and patches

All my music is Opus :(

No such problem here on my MI A1 (latest 8.1 oreo + all patches). I, too, have 99% opus content.

I've been testing this beta preview for a long time and found two minor bugs which, i think, wasn't stated before:

1. If you pause music in notification (this will change two images: Poweramp icon from playing to paused and "pause" button to "play") and move to next or previous song, "play" button will change it's image back to "pause" but continue to work as "play". 

2. Sometimes when you choose "do not repeat" option and album is finished, music starts to play again from the first song but player says what music is paused. It happened 4-5 times in a small (2-4 songs) albums.

Wow, great new UI!

So  far only ones crash when trying to auto-find music folders. The crash  also bumped me back to the light theme from my choice of dark theme.

Now to muck about with headphones and Bluetooth output.   😊

Loving the new beta 790. I know it's not fully functional but good enough for me and look forward to when it's official. 

I'm not a fan of the new "wave" seekbar. I find it hard to move to near the end of the song using this. Will there be an option to change it to the previous style or are we stuck to this new one?

11 minutes ago, DrFurey said:

I'm not a fan of the new "wave" seekbar. I find it hard to move to near the end of the song using this. Will there be an option to change it to the previous style or are we stuck to this new one?

Agreed, I couldn't find a way to skip to the beginning of the song, using << worked for this before

3 hours ago, Rohit Verma said:

How long will it take in 790 beta version

4th post

Regarding release schedule - May is set as month for a feature-complete Beta release (with the all missing parts finished), and the end of May/beginning of June'18 is the final v3 release planned period. It depends on bugs and specific device issues.