Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Steve Forte Rio said:

Checked on 2 devices: Lenovo A606 (Android 4.4) and Lenovo A316 (Android 4.2)

As stated in the first post in this thread (the post with the download link) Poweramp v3 needs a minimum spec of Android 5.0, so neither of those devices would be compatible.

Andre

9 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

As stated in the first post in this thread (the post with the download link) Poweramp v3 needs a minimum spec of Android 5.0, so neither of those devices would be compatible.

Andre

But the alpha build was compatible with Android 4. How could this be? 

7 minutes ago, Steve Forte Rio said:

But the alpha build was compatible with Android 4. How could this be? 

The release version of v3 (as featured in build 790) has a completely new material design interface, which won't run in earler versions of Android.

Andre

The alpha builds 705 and 706 brocked my open sl hd out... On my 3 devices with android 7.1. ?

So back to beta 790 and all running fine... Well just waiting for parse .cue files back to beta?

I love the new app design! 

Couldn't find a way to keep Poweramp notification on audio focus loss. Is it possible?

One more thing. It would be better to return to main activity on pressing back from search and equalizer activities IMO.

Thank you! Keep up the good work!

Been testing it for a few while, got some feedback:

Great audio playback, as always ;), using my Sony Xperia Z5 with HiRes audio.

Liking the new design, though it takes some getting used to.

I've found one bug with the album art display on the lock screen; most of the time it just doesn't work/doesn't show. Though this is more consistent without the new blur feature. And on that note; not that big of a fan of the new blur album art feature on the lock screen, I'd rather just have the zoomed in look as in the older versions of the app (so great that it looks to be optional!). Either that or reduce the amount of blur, that could maybe work.

For now though I'm switching back to the alpha, cause I'm too accustomed to using the queue and artist browser (which are currently missing from the beta). But keep up the good work!

12 hours ago, Seve-s said:

Are you sure that audio output is 16/48?

IMG_20180517_204231.jpg

this screenshot from old PA build 704 + marsmallow rom.
it should be 2 images as comparation from marsmallow rom + PA 704 vs on oreo + PA 790, i forgot to add the one from oreo...

On 5/17/2018 at 10:44 PM, Steve Forte Rio said:

Can't install the Poweramp-beta-preview-build-790-uni.apk . Getting "there was a problem parsing package". What a hell?

Checked on 2 devices: Lenovo A606 (Android 4.4) and Lenovo A316 (Android 4.2)

I got this error on Huawei P20 and Mate 10 Pro - both with Oreo (8.1 and 8.0).

1 hour ago, chilko said:

I got this error on Huawei P20 and Mate 10 Pro - both with Oreo (8.1 and 8.0).

You need to download the package (i.e. the .apk file), ensure that the filename is correct (some mobile browsers can mangle it - download on a computer and copy it over to your phone if you are unsure) and then launch it from a file explorer (don't try to do it in a web browser).

Andre

9 minutes ago, hkr said:

this the right place to report bugs? when you swipe up from the album art, the app crashes.

Try a clean uninstall/reinstall (or clear app data/cache), some people have reported that helps. (Don't re-import any exported Settings initially, it might be the old settings causing the problem)

Andre

On 5/18/2018 at 10:38 AM, adhiNick said:

this screenshot from old PA build 704 + marsmallow rom.
it should be 2 images as comparation from marsmallow rom + PA 704 vs on oreo + PA 790, i forgot to add the one from oreo...

I believe the problem comes from the oreo roms, since people have reported that alpha build 705 has a working hi-res on Nitrogen OS oreo.

Btw, if you ever found a working combo, please come and report in the "Audiophile Discussion" of XDA

A few suggestions to improve player screen design:

1) Track title and album, which are in black boxes, could be place where the 4 buttons are (random, repeat, ...), and this buttons placed over album art, and because their format, these buttons could have transparence background so album art is better showed.

2) Now, the time and play/pause buttom is placed vertically centered in graph. I feel it hiddens must of the graph is for. Maybe down centered could be best.

3) This time and play/pause buttom, could be used also to show in a graphical manner the time has passed. Using the black box to be filled with a background color as time passed, from left to right. I miss to see how must has passed, and as current design, you must look at the numbers and make an idea.

Hope this propossal could help.

Regards

Fer

so far so good. installed on my LG V20, seems to work fine aside from one little bug. when I enable hi-res, sometimes the built in DAC will change over to "high impedence" mode, other times "auxiliary device". this affects both volume and clarity, as the normal and auxiliary modes do not fully take advantage of the dac, only high impedence (LG says its to save power...honestly would have been nice of them to just give us a button). not sure if this is a V20 issue or a PA issue...either way, figured I'd bring it up.

I'm using V-Moda M80 headphones, 32ohm resistance. I've gotta say...when it kicks into high impedence mode,the bass is strong enough to vibrate all the way down the cord to my phone, almost rattle my brain, and without the slightest loss in clarity, blending very well with treble and midrange. good job Maxx, you the man!

Hello.. Latest builds 708/9 790 etc do NOT play back Opus files no sound with any output option.. 

File appears to play but zero sound from any Bluetooth device or just phone speaker. 

Samsung s8+ latest os updates and patches

All my music is Opus :(

Edit: it was my diffuser settings.. Works now when I changed them. 

Archived