Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Ah, of course, yes. I never go anywhere near those settings, just simple EQ adjusts for me.

Andre

True that i havent used reverb yet until i find a purpose for it 

On 4/30/2018 at 10:36 AM, maxmp said:

It's interesting, I have V30 on 7.1.2 (build number N2G47H) - it works perfectly with all 4 output types, I even specifically polished (old) Hi-Res output on it (though, that will stop to work on Android 8). Does usual output (Open SL non-HD or Audiotrack) work for you? 

Ah, OK:)

I have V30 on Oreo and I can confirm it doesn't use the DAC anymore . Can we expect it to work on Oreo in the future..? Because I'm back to using USB Audio Player Pro but I reaaly reaaaly want this app to be my daily driver

Also ,The play store v2 unlocker I have still works with the app but will it stop working when you release a fully functional v3? (  I don't mind buying again btw )

4 minutes ago, zeroality said:

I have V30 on Oreo and I can confirm it doesn't use the DAC anymore . Can we expect it to work on Oreo in the future..? Because I'm back to using USB Audio Player Pro but I reaaly reaaaly want this app to be my daily driver

Also ,The play store v2 unlocker I have still works with the app but will it stop working when you release a fully functional v3? (  I don't mind buying again btw )

The route for High Res audio in Oreo is via the Open SL HD option, not the old Experimental High Res choice (that is for Android 7.0 and below).

And yes, your purchased unlocker will still work fine with v3 when it is officially released, there will be no extra charge.

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Embedding one song with new artwork should not override the album art embedded in other songs in the same album. It might override songs in the same album which don't have any specified artwork at all though. 

Andre

but all the songs have their own album art still they are folowing one album art ...  please see this video

powramp video.mp4

Hello, thanks for the good work.

As many I'd prefer to see album art without tags on it.

one point I noticed is that alpha 790 seems to be not gapless. I am alone?

I had no pb for that matter with beta 704.

2 hours ago, Asim said:

but all the songs have their own album art still they are folowing one album art ...  please see this video

It seems to be that applying a new downloaded cover image updates the whole album, rather than just the track, I've been able to replicate that now. This was something that had been requested for a while (as Poweramp refers to Album artwork rather than song artwork, it saves having to download artwork track by track for a whole album) but I agree that if it's by design it perhaps ought to be an option.  Delete Album Art Cache does not clear it either, which seems odd.

Andre

3 hours ago, zeroality said:

I have V30 on Oreo and I can confirm it doesn't use the DAC anymore. Can we expect it to work on Oreo in the future..? Because I'm back to using USB Audio Player Pro but I really really want this app to be my daily driver

How do you know that your V30 is not using it's DAC? All audio on your V30 should be going through the quad DAC if you have it enabled. Even players without hi-fi audio output like blackplayer will use the V30's quad DAC.

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The route for High Res audio in Oreo is via the Open SL HD option, not the old Experimental High Res choice (that is for Android 7.0 and below).

And yes, your purchased unlocker will still work fine with v3 when it is officially released, there will be no extra charge.

Andre

So OpenGL HD doesn't work for 7.0? @andre

7 hours ago, Braamcamp said:

Good day.
Congrats for the beta, love the UI and the interface gestures.

I currently own an Xperia XZ1 Compact with Android Oreo, and it seems that HI-REZ audio is not working. The menu and switch is there, but there is no difference in the sound.
Thank you.

Have you turned it on for the speakers?

fOC0Cwy.png

For some reason it is the only option which activates it on my xz1.....and i use bt headphones

Folks...GO THRU EVERYTHING WHEN TESTING IT.

Just don't ask a stupid question or say something like it doesnt work. Tell exactly hardware/software version youre using etc.

Especially with those with high end phones  (LG V30, OnePlus 5+, or that can take advantage of the openSL HD, Quad DAC, etc...show screenshots...dont just be a lame whore.

I have a suggestion...

As I dislike the tags over album art as others.Why not give an option to change the cover art to circular.

Itis gonna help in two ways...

01 - It will save the space for tags. (Or the tags will cover less part of the art)

02 -As it will take less space the blurring would be more appreciable (Square album art takes more than half spce in now playing)

1 hour ago, utahman1971 said:

Me too on s7 edge! Oh and sound very nice on $25 JLABS earphones. Used to listen to my Skullcandy Smokin Buds 2, then switched to the JLABS, and WOW. I can hear it a lot better now.

Thx. For the replies. Pop $80 for some Shure SE215CL on eBay and the difference will be even greater.

Blessings in The Mighty Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth! Amen.

So I like the new look. But the title of the song / artist / album climbs onto the album cover. Please correct this in the final version. I sometimes want to look at the cover of the album normally. And these names cover everything. Can move them down.

So OpenGL HD works on nougat 7.0 not just 8.0? Sounds nice! Can anyone confirm? I have an LG Stylo 2 Plus MetroPCS variant...not sure if hi res is actually working or not it shows in the info button output it sampling and decoding at that, but since I don't have "Audio Wizard" I'm not sure. Anyway it does seem to sound better than before on OpenGL HD and hires(if that is actually outputting hires on my device) nonethe less aside from the already mentioned sometimes force closing issues lower volume output on hires and no next track or previous track buttons currently present in the player UI plus no artist function delete queue or playlist options working in this beta. I'm pleased! I would like though integrated lyrics support in the player like media monkey has. But this player sounds the best! 

Repost of my question that never got answered. Thanks in advance for your response!!!!

8 minutes ago, misterjboogie said:

Repost of my question that never got answered. Thanks in advance for your response!!!!

The only part of your post that was a question ("So OpenGL HD works on nougat 7.0 not just 8.0? Can anyone confirm?") was already answered, by me and several others more recently, e.g:

As other posts in this thread has said, you can use the info displayed when you long-press on the mega tag wording (just under the scroll bar) to see what resolution is currently in use.

Andre

Archived