Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, dvvmvp said:

@daveaspec

This used to happen to me as well but, at least in my case, it wasn't Poweramp related. It was a firmware issue so as soon as I updated my firmware it never happened again.

my Phone is REDMI4 PRIME with Rom LineageOS 14.1

19 minutes ago, daveaspec said:

sorry , I uploaded the image and the post is gone ... briefly summary:
when I'm listening to music on headphones, and I get a notification, I hear the 
notification on the headphones, it briefly lowers the music, the music is raised but 
the sound comes out from that moment on both the headphones and the phone 
speaker

Screenshot_20180502-092254.png

Hello, it is suggested that the Poweramp 790 should be compatible with android 4.4, a lot of cars still use this android version, and the poweramp704 supports android 4.4, thank you!

1 minute ago, daveaspec said:

my Phone is REDMI4 PRIME with Rom LineageOS 14.1

LineageOS 14.1 is your OS version. Firmware is something else. Go to the xda developers forum of LineageOS 14.1 for your Redmi 4 Prime and kindly ask there for a link to the latest version of the firmware. I suppose you can also use the all mighty Google to find it. Flash the .zip via TWRP and enjoy your music on the train without having your fellow commuters constantly grinning at you. Godspeed.

4 hours ago, kima09 said:

1. Next/Previous button or an option to go back to 0:00 without swiping the progress bar is highly recommended. Small <> symbol (size of pause button) will not hurt the visual candyness.

Anyway, thanks to @maxmp

You can hold the elapsed time on the left of the play button to go back to 0:00.

45 minutes ago, rxuan said:

Hello, it is suggested that the Poweramp 790 should be compatible with android 4.4, a lot of cars still use this android version, and the poweramp704 supports android 4.4, thank you!

Sorry, due to the new Material Design elements, Poweramp v3 will only run on Android 5.0 and above.

The old v2 version will remain available for legacy devices though, or you could even install the alpha-test release build 704, which works pretty solidly for daily use on pre-Nougat systems (I've been using 704 as my daily music player on my Marshmallow device for two years).

Andre

9 minutes ago, dvvmvp said:

LineageOS 14.1 è la versione del tuo sistema operativo. Il firmware è qualcos'altro. Vai al forum degli sviluppatori di xda di LineageOS 14.1 per il tuo Redmi 4 Prime e chiedi gentilmente un link all'ultima versione del firmware. Suppongo che tu possa anche usare tutto il potente Google per trovarlo. Flash il .zip via TWRP e goditi la tua musica sul treno senza che i tuoi compagni pendolari ti sorridano costantemente. Godspeed.

:P

32 minutes ago, squaresmile said:

You can hold the elapsed time on the left of the play button to go back to 0:00.

I know, but the convenience/aesthetic of just tapping a single button is not there.

On 4/30/2018 at 10:36 AM, N-e61 said:

Thanks for the update! Max, you're the best, I believe the project was not abandoned!
Hi-Res works, xiaomi mi 5x, snapdragon 625, android 7.1.2

Screenshot_2018-04-30-08-03-37-016_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

Wait i hi res is working in Mi 5x,

I don't have the option I'm using Mi A1 ( it's the global version of Mi 5x ) 

Plz help ?

On 30/04/2018 at 10:13 AM, Bobeca said:

It doesn't start on Samsung S7 with the latest stock ROM. I get a massage 'Poweranp has stopped working' right after the main screen shows.

PS. This is after I have upgraded from the alpha version.

Clear app data from settings and then restart.

On 30/04/2018 at 1:45 PM, JonathanSR said:

WOW ?, App work perfectly on zenfone 3 ze520kl/ze552kl.. I am very grateful for your hard work ?? Thanks You Max !!

Screenshot_20180430-150626.png

Screenshot_20180430-150220.png

Screenshot_20180430-151141.jpg

That album art fade effect looks nice.

Thanks a lot for the update! I was wondering: Is it possible to always show the "expanded" player control in the Status Bar?

When I start playing a song, it goes to Status Bar like this:

2.thumb.jpg.d71b39d0f1c0fa1a32da80e433ee497f.jpg

After I swipe down (on the Poweramp notification) once again, it shows the "expanded" player control, like this:

1.thumb.jpg.48f79ebf27a7b4c774f8e72fcd4a51b5.jpg

Is it possible to somehow force it to always show the "expanded" notification, without having to swipe again? My phone is S7 Edge (Android 8.0 Oreo).

Great work, new UI looks astonishing! Very consistent and advised. Animations are so cool and fluid. :wub:

However I have few suggestions:

- tapping on search icon should automaticly open a keyboard

- i cant find gesture to change folder/list. Now we have 2 gestures (tapping on album art and pulling down) which does the same thing.

- CLOSE buton in the notification wigdet is too close to the NEXT TRACK button, few times I accidentaly hit CLOSE instead NEXT

Thanks to all devs to start again the development of this app. I was concerned of the update of this app because they are pretty outdated, but this development news made me to use this player again. By the way I have a little bit problem of this app. It is about the lockscreen album art. When I turn off the blur effect of lockscreen album art, this setting doesn't applied. I can understand this well because v3 is on development. But I will be thankful when you fix this problem.

The specs:

Device: HTC 10, Android 8.0.0, Poweramp v3 alpha 790, ued with Other player such a Pulsar

PicsArt_05-02-08.19.19.png

23 minutes ago, spenat said:

Thanks a lot for the update! I was wondering: Is it possible to always show the "expanded" player control in the Status Bar?

When I start playing a song, it goes to Status Bar like this:

2.thumb.jpg.d71b39d0f1c0fa1a32da80e433ee497f.jpg

After I swipe down (on the Poweramp notification) once again, it shows the "expanded" player control, like this:

1.thumb.jpg.48f79ebf27a7b4c774f8e72fcd4a51b5.jpg

Is it possible to somehow force it to always show the "expanded" notification, without having to swipe again? My phone is S7 Edge (Android 8.0 Oreo).

There are a lot of tweaks to do this on AOSP-based custom ROMs. Btw it has nothing to do with Poweramp.

@maxmp I think it's better to have the close button in the expanded notification only. Also, the previous track button should be in the normal notification so we can easily return to the previous track from lockscreen (as some ROMs don't support notification expanding in lockscreen) and from the notification panel in case another notification took priority over Poweramp.

Hi,

May I suggest an improvement? Could you implement a way to highlight the current track in play in the current album list? There are times where I can not recognize which is playing. Look at the screenshot:

Also a question: future beta will be released in this thread or a new one?

Thanks.

Screenshot_20180502-134917.png

Archived