Jump to content
Poweramp
maxmp

Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

Recommended Posts

I think the most important functions which have to be implemented as soon as possible, are the .cue files support and the folders browsing and sorting. Otherwise everything for now seems to be secondary. But without .cue files support, half of my music library can't be listened to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I suggest you read the first post in this thread, the post that you downloaded this beta app from. Lockscreen functionality is not yet supported.

Andre

Sorry sir I was so excited that I skipped your instructions before installation. Now I have read it properly. 😊  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mayank Choudhary said:

Sorry sir I was so excited that I skipped your instructions before installation.

Never a recommended idea when dealing with beta or other non-release software. :) 

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dumahim said:

Anyone else think Hi-Res is messed up?
HTC 10.  Turn on Hi-Res and the volume drops significantly.  Ok, turn it up.  Now I'm about 2 notches from max volume to get the volume I had before at about half.  Problem is, it's distorting way easier than it did before.  Before Oreo with Alpha, it could stand up to uncomfortable levels of volume without breaking a sweat.  Now?  Some songs are distorting at a normal volume, not even loud.  

I reset the EQ to stock to make sure it wasn't that and tweaked it slightly.  Mostly flat near 0 EQ across the board with bass and treble at 63% and 73%.  I think bass before was about 75% and worked fine.  I also found the volume jumped too much so I switched from stock 16 to 30.  Even with 30 increments, it seems like too big of a jump.  Turn the volume down and under 40% is there, but you can't tell what it is and about 34% is mute.  76% is a comfortable level and 79% (one notch) is good for rocking out to a good song.  Before beta, I could get a good kick out of my headphones and when connected to my car stereo, I could rattle mirrors.  Hi-Res and beta?  Forget it.

 

In the SETTINGS - AUDIO - OUTPUT - OpenSL ES HD maybe you have FLOAT32 enabled?

Had the problem with the volume and it was because the FLOAT32 was enabled.

Set FLOAT32 to disabled and the sound should have power again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am enjoying Poweramp super music player so much. 💓

Thank you Developers 😘 for this grand release. 

Now the problem currently I'm facing is that visualization is not changing automatically, checked with every settings nothing worked. 

And second problem is that song/album Name background color is looking very odd as you can see in the screen shot below. It should be same as color of visualization name.

Please fix it in the next release. 

Thank you  

Screenshot_20180501-153424.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2018 at 5:21 PM, Olatje said:

Still can't open the file. I uninstall and downloaded the apk stil the same.

Have you enabled install from unknown sources in security

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pauldamo said:

Have you enabled install from unknown sources in security

Ha ha ha.. Open it from file manager..  Not from Browser..  😉😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi does anyone find at later stage PA3 become really laggy in operations such as: open settings, swipe next/prev, open library, etc? This laggy doesn't affect sound playing. The only fix for this laggy is remove PA from recent task list.

Also another found bug, it seems sometimes played song and player UI is out of sync

Screenshot_2018-05-01-17-08-45.thumb.png.becba737ac3c675fff5c93daa68e4de0.png

Player UI and notification is out of sync, played song is from notification one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SynekPablo said:

In the SETTINGS - AUDIO - OUTPUT - OpenSL ES HD maybe you have FLOAT32 enabled?

Had the problem with the volume and it was because the FLOAT32 was enabled.

Set FLOAT32 to disabled and the sound should have power again.

What's the difference between them? And which is better? Enable or disable? 

Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to have steps on the eq? Like +1 +2 +3..... making a specific present is abit hard without knowing the values we pick, Thanks in advanced

Screenshot_20180501-135724.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, naehyun said:

Widget on my home screen won't open the app.

my phone is G6.

Please tell me how can i fix it.....

We must wait for a full beta version of the program

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, naehyun said:

Widget on my home screen won't open the app.

Please tell me how can i fix it.....

You'll need to wait for a more feature-complete release. As said in the OP, some stuff is not working yet. Thanks for the report though.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new UI looks amazing with smooth animation and gestures!! And with new OpenSL ES HD Hi-Res output! However the audio lags sometimes after I adjusted the sampling rate to 192khz (same thing happened when ≥128khz but fine when ≤96khz). I also tried to increase the buffer size and it didn't turn out any better. 

P.s. The music lags about every 30-60 seconds. It is not very noticeable but still you can be distracted especially when the surroundings are quiet. 

 

Screenshot_2018-05-01-20-59-33-756_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

Screenshot_2018-05-01-21-00-07-903_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

Screenshot_2018-05-01-21-10-38-005_com.android.settings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SatriaPerdana said:

What's the difference between them? And which is better? Enable or disable? 

Thx

If you want DVC, disable float32. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ibrahimbo101 said:

Is it possible to have steps on the eq? Like +1 +2 +3..... making a specific present is abit hard without knowing the values we pick, Thanks in advanced

Yes, it would be really handy if Max could just add a bit of code to put some text inside the slider thumb-controls. Just the +/- dB value, which would update on the fly as you moved the slider control up and down. Probably tidier to leave the space empty when that slider is currently flat, rather than showing a value of 0dB.

This is actually something that has been requested by a lot of users for many years now, and building a completely new user interface makes this the perfect time to address this kind of fairly trivial to add item.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Crericper said:

The new UI looks amazing with smooth animation and gestures!! And with new OpenSL ES HD Hi-Res output! However the audio lags sometimes after I adjusted the sampling rate to 192khz (same thing happened when ≥128khz but fine when ≤96khz). I also tried to increase the buffer size and it didn't turn out any better. 

P.s. The music lags about every 30-60 seconds. It is not very noticeable but still you can be distracted especially when the surroundings are quiet. 

 

Screenshot_2018-05-01-20-59-33-756_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

Screenshot_2018-05-01-21-00-07-903_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

Screenshot_2018-05-01-21-10-38-005_com.android.settings.png

For me on Zenfone 3 552KL, I get short clicks. They annoy but I quickly forget them because still enjoying the different sound signature. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, quirK said:

For me on Zenfone 3 552KL, I get short clicks. They annoy but I quickly forget them because still enjoying the different sound signature. :D

I bet you should try to max the buffer. The click happens usually when there isn't enough bandwidth or single core performance. Adding more buffer should solve the problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the messed up HiRes output gets patched up within May, can't contemplate dropping to android 6 now, if this doesn't work.

Screenshot_2018-05-01-16-55-44-354_com.android.settings~01.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, SatriaPerdana said:

What's the difference between them? And which is better? Enable or disable? 

Thx

This OPTION is only selectable if you use the OpenSL ES HD as OUTPUT.

I can not tell you what is better, everyone has his own opinion.

Do you have the possibility to choose HI RES DIRECT HARDWARE OUTPUT?

If so, try the output.

I personally prefer this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Crericper said:

I bet you should try to max the buffer. The click happens usually when there isn't enough bandwidth or single core performance. Adding more buffer should solve the problem. 

Tried already, still clicks. Need the option to raise process priority if it isn't already at the level below real-time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, it would be really handy if Max could just add a bit of code to put some text inside the slider thumb-controls. Just the +/- dB value, which would update on the fly as you moved the slider control up and down. Probably tidier to leave the space empty when that slider is currently flat, rather than showing a value of 0dB.

This is actually something that has been requested by a lot of users for many years now, and building a completely new user interface makes this the perfect time to address this kind of fairly trivial to add item.

Andre

If you tap on the eq scale up or below the button .. it will change by a finite position resembling a level... However it would be great if a ticker is implemented inside the button

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ameya28 said:

If you tap on the eq scale up or below the button .. it will change by a finite position resembling a level... 

Yes, and that's also the best way to return a slider to the exact flat position.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×