Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

6 minutes ago, Filip777 said:

@maxmp Will the Hi-res output (direct hardware experimental) make its way to Android 8.0 or is the OpenSL HD Output replacement for that (I assume these 2 outputs are very similar?) ?

Direct (Experimental) Hi-Res output doesn't work on 8.0 (mostly due to the new Android security rules regarding platform library usage). This output will remain to exist in Poweramp for Android 5/6/7.

Successfully, most Hi-Res Android 8 devices (e.g. - Samsungs S8/S9) support Hi-Res via OpenSL HD output, and it can be validated by capturing and analyzing audio output (I did that for those Samsungs and Sony XZ).

Current beta-preview OpenSL HD output has no device checks, thus, it's always available even if the device actually does not support Hi Res.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Direct (Experimental) Hi-Res output doesn't work on 8.0 (mostly due to the new Android security rules regarding platform library usage). This output will remain to exist in Poweramp for Android 5/6/7.

Successfully, most Hi-Res Android 8 devices (e.g. - Samsungs S8/S9) support Hi-Res via OpenSL HD output, and it can be validated by capturing and analyzing audio output (I did that for those Samsungs and Sony XZ).

Current beta-preview OpenSL HD output has no device checks, thus, it's always available even if the device actually does not support Hi Res.

I can imagine it is crazy hard to develop considering Google always changes their shit.

Hi-Res output (experimental) worked on HTC 10 while on Android 7.0 (Nougat), though it had big audio delay/latency and it was crashing occasionally. So I assume this phone should genuinely support OpenSL HD output, right?

3 minutes ago, Sachin Godara said:

Why do you even want to use Poweramp if you want viper4android, Poweramp eq is better!

I've been using Poweramp for years and i found the best equalization with Viper4android.
They are subjective tastes unquestionable.

25 minutes ago, maxmp said:

I know it's possible to check the audio output sample rate N bitrate through some code in terminal but I can't remember it. I own a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 running on a custom firmware (I'm sure a large number of PA users use custom firmware) and thus, I have no choice but to use the OpenSL HD output. Since I can't hear any difference btw the normal and HD Opensl output and messing with Float32 and DVC doesn't help me either, I'm wondering if you can tell me and other enthusiasts how to analyze the audio output.

Sorry for long post :P

Edit: I forgot to ask, will you be giving small updates to fix some obvious bugs or we should wait till May? 

And one more question XD, Android is warning me of high battery consumption of PA (it was so annoying I disabled Android System Notifications). Is this normal?

New UI is awesome, thx for your hart work. I here review a bug with S7 edge 810, whenever I put out my headphones and put it in again, the volume always return to the maximal level, no matter the DVC is on or not. I can just turn off the 'resume on wired headset' to prevent my ears from suddenly loud sounds. 

Screenshot_20180501-011034.png

Max is doing an amazing work with this third version!! Congratulations to him!

Unfortunately, I've uninstalled it after a five minutes try-out and returned to the last stable release. (I am also concerned with the Oreo/Poweramp situation everyone knows.) 

I understand this preview was intent to calm down "children" and I sincerely hope Max didn't waste to much time on this special release.

Like most people on this topic, I could have wait much longer (and I will) for a more stable, daily-use release, like the alpha was.

Looking forward for next release. Keep up the great work!!

Native french here and tried my best to write in english, please be respectful. 

Pat

3 hours ago, dhamara said:

Poweramp can't open Artists, genres, playlist, top rated, and recently added. The others works smoothly.

59 minutes ago, SatriaPerdana said:

Hey, the functions which work in library are just all songs and albums

52 minutes ago, goodoldie1996 said:

The list options doesn't seem to work. 

If  people can't be bothered to read the first post in the thread (as advised even in the thread title!) what are you doing taking the risk of installing beta software on your device?

Andre

18 minutes ago, coralhbn said:

New UI is awesome, thx for your hart work. I here review a bug with S7 edge 810, whenever I put out my headphones and put it in again, the volume always return to the maximal level, no matter the DVC is on or not. I can just turn off the 'resume on wired headset' to prevent my ears from suddenly loud sounds. 

Screenshot_20180501-011034.png

I found just now that when I use 'Hi-res out put' would induce the phenomenon I mention above, however, the volume bug wouldn't appear when 'ES (HD) out put' was used with headphones. 

4 hours ago, Filip777 said:

To get this "Audio info" below, you need to hold down that little info bubble above the Poweramp navigation bar in the Player section.

I know this is going to sound really stupid, but where exactly? I knew where is was on the old alpha.

[Edit: Found it, it's in the EQ screen not the main player screen] 

Andre

I really like it. After a short time the interface is really intuitive, great work Max :)

And sound is great as always. 

Looking forward for all the basic library features in the next betas and fully black theme. What I don't like are the black bars on the album cover. But that's a matter of taste, no huge thing. 

Screenshot_20180430-194720.png

Archived