Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Play Store beta releases will probably not be issued while the version is so feature-incomplete, please download new beta updates manually from here in the meantime.

Andre

Thanks a lot for the help! Are there any features in the latest build which need to be unlocked with the unlocker? Sorry for so many questions..?

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You would need to use 'Hierarchical' folders view to do that, rather than 'List' mode. Unfortunately the List Options screen which provides that mode (along with sorting options) is not yet implemented in the preview release. I'm sure it'll be back soon though.

Andre

Thnx for clarifying this Andre. As @otama I'm a folderplayer as well. One of the reasons I've never switched to another player is the flexibility Poweramp offers. Not only for database users, but for users who prefer folder view as well. No other app offers this amount of flexibility. I sure hope all the list options and hierarchical folder view will return in the next beta. Since these functions were available in the previous beta's I have good hope that hierarchical folder view is one of the features that are only left out in this beta and will return in following updates.

After years of following this board, this is my first post. I always appreciated Poweramp as it was, so no need to post on this board, but I was always curious about how the app could be made even better. I was hoping for chromecast/DLNA support since Poweramp has always been my main music app since I switched to Android and this would help making it my daily driver in house as well. I'm sure Max will ad this feature somewhere along the way. This being my first post I would like to thnx @maxmp for the years of joy you gave us with the previous versions of Poweramp and now the joy this beta brings. Thnx for your hard work and keeping up with the compaints in this communicty. At the end of the day Poweramp is and will be the best music player for android available. @andrewilley thnx for the excellent job you're doing in moderating this board. It isn' the easiest community to manage.    

Looking forward to how the app developes from here on. 

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Human beings mainly. :)

Gestures are good in moderation, but when you start having to swipe a bit for one thing, a bit more for something else, or start at the edge or middle to get different results, then they start to get clumsy, counter-intuitive and easy to trigger by accident. And I still can't find out how to change to another folder/album directly from the player screen (Next List, Prev List) - has anyone worked this out yet?

A simple set of buttons, with a single function on each (OK, plus maybe a long-press function) is the perfect way to control most single-action operations IMHO. Swipe is fine for analogue operations though, such as volume controls, playback scrubbing, etc. I don't hate gestures as an option (and I'll agree that swipe to change tracks is fairly sensible) but I have them turned off in Settings for all my current PA installations.

I am loving the overall look, animations, and excellent fluidity of the interface though, it's really pretty.

Andre

To change album/list is swiping up or down the answer you're looking for?

14 minutes ago, Abhishek Malhotra said:

Are there any features in the latest build which need to be unlocked with the unlocker?

Without the unlocker you will only be able to use PA (any version) for the trial period, it will become blocked after that.

Andre

1 hour ago, musick said:

Thanks! A lot less clipping now. Guess that changes sampling from 32bits to 24bits, maybe??

Why less clipping? There should be NO clipping at all. Clipping is intolerable.

I am actually not sure what exactly this option does in the first place but apparently we are better without it.

39 minutes ago, dragolds said:

I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but list option doesn't work on my zte axon 7 2017G. By click on it nothing happens 

Screenshot_2018-04-30-14-51-34.jpg

I had the same issue too. Maybe these features are not yet completed? I am using the LG V20, everything else works fine for now and it's a damn awesome music player! Guess I can live with the player for daily use without those features yet.

It's working great on my HTC 10 (Oreo 8.0 android), there's no audio delay (massive latency) like before when using Hi-Res (OpenSL ES HD output), also no clipping when pausing/resuming a song or elsewhere (Float32 Sample Format enabled). No crashes so far.

- I assume that Hi-Res is working (not just showing that it works) on the HTC 10 judging by the screenshot below, since it has a dedicated audio DAC, but hell what do I know.

To get this "Audio info" below, you need to hold down that little info bubble above the Poweramp navigation bar in the Player section.

Using wired headset (headphones), also HTC BoomSound with Dolby audio works with Hi-Res output for the first time.

Screenshot_20180430-143957.png

1 hour ago, Rocketval said:

@andrewilley I think Max or you should create a google sheets file to list bugs, version of android, how to replicate the issue and maybe a log. Otherwise it's gonna be really hard to read every post about issues.

Thats too much work i feel when max himself knows about the bugs .. why should he provide us with the bug logs if he is the only one developing it .. as of now we can wait for the stable release or temporarily go back to the stable alpha .. in my case im gonna continue with this version itself as it does not hinder me from listening to my songs 

Archived