Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

My phone is Samsung Note 8 Oreo

In my opinion,I don't like new interface,can't understand why spend huge area to show frequency spectrum ,it's not necessary and beautiful。I really need “last song/ next song”、“last list/next list”button and broadcast pace strip,it's inconvenient by removed these functions,and I don't like title covered the album cover。

The problem of software crash is very serious ,and I can't  use  widget into software。

It's spend 2 years waiting,we just got a version of basic function imperfect ,maybe we need next 2-year waiting to let Max make Poweramp  better :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Observation: the current sequence order when pinch-zooming the Folder / Album views doesn't make any sense, it jumps around the different viewing sizes a bit randomly. I would suggest the pinch-zoom order should be:

Large Artwork (2-up) > Small Artwork (3-up) > Wide Banners > Large List > Small List

Especially for larger screens, I think I'd perhaps add a 4-up artwork step too.

Andre 

7 hours ago, maxmp said:

It's possible, though, there are immediate issues with provider names collisions and shared app user. Also, it won't be possible to unlock such app (all the license info derived from v2.0 versions).

Dang.  I guess I can just use my old S7 Edge but I hear people having issues on that phone...

24 minutes ago, Forgotmypassword said:

2. Who needs buttons for that anymore.....its a brave new world XD tap or swipe down the album art, brings you to said albums tracklist, swipe left or right there brings you to all albums, swipe left or right back to library, swipe left or right back to playing screen, rinse repeat again and again, felt like a giddy 5yo when I found it did that hahaha

Yeah true gestures are awesome

46 minutes ago, Forgotmypassword said:

2. Who needs buttons for that anymore.....

Human beings mainly. :)

Gestures are good in moderation, but when you start having to swipe a bit for one thing, a bit more for something else, or start at the edge or middle to get different results, then they start to get clumsy, counter-intuitive and easy to trigger by accident. And I still can't find out how to change to another folder/album directly from the player screen (Next List, Prev List) - has anyone worked this out yet?

A simple set of buttons, with a single function on each (OK, plus maybe a long-press function) is the perfect way to control most single-action operations IMHO. Swipe is fine for analogue operations though, such as volume controls, playback scrubbing, etc. I don't hate gestures as an option (and I'll agree that swipe to change tracks is fairly sensible) but I have them turned off in Settings for all my current PA installations.

I am loving the overall look, animations, and excellent fluidity of the interface though, it's really pretty.

Andre

1 hour ago, mahalata said:

Try to disable "Float32 Sample Format". I had a horrible clipping too on my HTC 10, but when I disabled this, the sound is back to normal.

My OnePlus 5 with Oreo 8.1 was clipping occasionally and disabling Float32 solved it. Alternatively, leave that on and increase buffer to Large, although that doesn't eliminate it totally.

10 minutes ago, SatriaPerdana said:

Guys you all should force stop the previous Poweramp, clear data and cache, uninstall then install the new one. 

It not there's a high chance the app will crash

Walah indo gan? wkwkw.

I just download and install the 790 over 704. No need to clear data and cache. And it works for me without any error. But the Audio Focus isn't working well as Max said that this 790 is only for preview. Not for daily usage. But i'll use 790 anyway. Haha.

30 minutes ago, fmc000 said:

I cannot confirm any of these issues. Everything works fine on my Smasung A3 2017 with latest original ROM and HighRes output.

EDIT: WRT point 4: I managed to crash the app pressing the "Back" capacity button whilst in the Queue page.

I confirm the crashes when pressing back in the queue page (empty queue) 

Oneplus 3 oreo latest beta

On 4/30/2018 at 7:01 PM, Sachin Godara said:

I don't know why so many people are showing hate for the gesture based interface but i think this is the future and it is intuitive to use, Android P will also have gesture based navigations so this completely makes sense to me.

I myself personally liked it. 

As of now I haven't encountered any problem except the queue list crash. 

Even hi res working fine (my 2nd phone), I'll gladly explore more later tonight

What a great! 2 year, yeah.

I use Xperia Z1 Compact with AICP 8.1 ROM, in library, I can't open this list: artists, genres, playlists, top rates and recently added. Nothing happened when it touched.

Poweramp FC when open queues in library.

I need black theme UI for night use.

I hope this information can help you to make it better, bro.

48 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I think part of the problem (although I'd still prefer Title/Artist/Album wording to be underneath the cover artwork rather than obscuring it) is that the heavy square black boxes look so incongruous compared to the rest of the gently rounded elements. Perhaps giving the label boxes rounded corners might help a bit? The same goes for the running-time and total-time overlays - which would look better at the bottom of the scroll bar anyway.

Andre

I like the new UI, very smooth. But not impressed with the song text and box, not to mention that it covers too much of the art.

7 minutes ago, Random.Potato said:

Walah indo gan? wkwkw.

I just download and install the 709 over 704. No need to clear data and cache. And it works for me without any error. But the Audio Focus isn't working well as Max said that this 709 is only a preview. Not for daily usage. But i'll use PA anyway. Haha.

Well high chance doesn't mean always

5 minutes ago, Darrenjfwalsh1701 said:

I have 2 questions, does hi Res work on my galaxy S9 plus as max said he tested on it? And the widget on my home screen won't open the app, is there a fix for this??

Clear data and cache prolly will make it work, or reset the widget

Edit : yes I've just noticed that the widget link to the player itself is gone, yet the functions are working properly

A lot are complaining about the new interface. If the 703 or 704 were working fine on your end then you use that instead of the new update. Max developed the app based on what he thinks would be in line with the material design. Yes some audiophiles doesn't need those fancy animations and the new interface but most users now before downloading an app on the playstore they browse first on the screenshots or pictures provided. Max didn't just updated the app for the current users but also he developed the app to entice users who never tried it and a good looking picture and interface attracts more people. Me, I tried neutron player but I'm not a fan of the interface so still my go to is Poweramp. Max needs still needs to earn and more customers who downloads means more income. He didn't left out those people who already bought it, he complied to their requests and also made the app more enticing for new buyers. 

Archived