Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tested my Beta on Zenfone 5 (2018)

Excellent job! It even downright cures that BIG mess Asus developers made with that AudioWizard crap (distorted sound, low volume, really crappy stuff).

I don't know how you did but, to me, it seems you're the only cure to an otherwise desperate and sad case.

Keep the good job!!!!

On 8/2/2018 at 1:36 PM, Sanket103 said:

Try stellio player...best UI and themes

I tried stellio player and i it wouldn't update my playlists after syncing with iSyncr and i gave up and looked for the album under artists and it was so slow that it kept crashing and took me 5 mins or more before i could scroll far enough to find the artist and be able to click on the album.   Can't get it to find embedded album covers like so many players has trouble with.  and can't select them manually like with Poweramp.   so many issues with it.  it won't play automatically after connecting to bluetooth even though i have it set up too.  can't remember what else i didn't like.  I wish i didn't waste my money buying it.  the library is unusable on it.  and that's on the GS7 and the Galaxy Tab S 8.4.  still can't even manually import the new or updated playlists.   I have to switch back to Poweramp to play those ones.  Poweramp alpha is still better then all these other ones.  

It's just so awesome to read all the entitlement ???. I do feel sorry for the developer. I would vote for Andrew to just remove all the complaining people out if the forum. I bought this player years ago and never assumed I would get anything more than bug fixes. Thanks for the free overhaul, Max. Looking forward to seeing V3 sometime when it's ready. 

1 hour ago, negropy said:

It's just so awesome to read all the entitlement ???. I do feel sorry for the developer. I would vote for Andrew to just remove all the complaining people out if the forum. I bought this player years ago and never assumed I would get anything more than bug fixes. Thanks for the free overhaul, Max. Looking forward to seeing V3 sometime when it's ready. 

No point going to the other extreme; Andrew isn't like that anyway. In the big scheme of things, boys will just clamour for their toys, and want their toys NOW.

Whereas real men will understand two things:

1) What they already have (v2) does what they want; any impatience for new things is a sickness called upgrade-itis.

2) In the real world software projects get re-prioritized in certain periods. As long as it is not life-threatening, and does not steal investors' money, understanding it and learning to live with it is what makes a boy become a man.

On 03/08/2018 at 09:48, Thind said:

Todos, por favor, sejam pacientes. Max vai postar a qualquer momento em breve (pode ser neste mês). Este vai ser o melhor tocador de música android do planeta (período)

Max deveria cobrar a mais por toda e qualquer atualização.  Pois não vejo nenhum outro melhor que nosso querido Poweramp. O pessoal deveria parar de ter tanta pressa e aguardar com paciência...

On 4/30/2018 at 10:06 AM, maxmp said:

Regarding release schedule - May is set as month for a feature-complete Beta release (with the all missing parts finished), and the end of May/beginning of June'18 is the final v3 release planned period. It depends on bugs and specific device issues.

[Admin: Reminder, development timings are very hard to predict, so timescales can vary - and repeated ETA requests won't help speed up the process!]

MAY , JUNE , JULY , 6 AUGUST IS COMPLETED. ...

WHEN WILL COME..........

V3

One possible bug of the new interface, don't know if it's been pointed out before. When on the main playing screen and swipe down on the album art, a new screen comes up with all the songs of the same album. The song currently playing is shown at the bottom of that list. If one taps on it he is taken back to the now playing screen but the song instead of continuing starts from the beginning,

I am not all that surprised at the behaviour of some users.  Impatient, thinking they are owed stuff, etc.  Let's look at the details:

- People voted for a Material Design upgrade.  This doesn't make Poweramp truly better, but, sigh.... the majority want it.  Redesign and re-coding is required.

- Poweramp v2.x works great.  That's what people paid for.  It doesn't matter that it's several years old.  People got what they paid for.  Did I mention it works great?

- Poweramp v3.x is going to be a free upgrade.  That should be enough to keep people happy, but sadly, it isn't.

- Poweramp v3.x beta releases have been made available.  If you don't mind the bugs and lack of features, it might be enough for you.

- Max maintains Poweramp as a side interest.  He probably has another full-time job, and more important "family" obligations.  Developers have lives too.

- Life has a way of stirring up crap that has to be dealt with, causing other things to get shelved, delayed, and reduced in priority.  No doubt crap that's more important than Poweramp.

- Lots of people complaining about low rate of beta releases, lack of communications from the developer, and broken promises.  It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.  Really, it doesn't.

- Poweramp is not a rip, a circus tent, or a sham.  If that was true, we wouldn't have a beta release in April 2018.  Let's be honest.  You want something new, and the silence is uncomfortable.

- Max never has to do this, or do that.

- As the first post clearly states:  [Admin Reminder: Development timings are very hard to predict, so timescales can vary. Repeated ETA requests won't help speed up the process, and may even get your post removed as clutter]

I'm happy to have found a Poweramp v3 beta that works on my phone, and provides great sound.  I can depend on it.  It doesn't crash on me.  It has never let me down.  Would it be nice to have more?  Sure, why not?  But I'd rather Max take his time and get it right, while still being able to take care of the things that truly matter in his life, whether it's a wife/husband, kids, pets, a business where he might be responsible for employing people in turn helping them put a roof over their heads, food on the table, etc.

If you're not happy with the pace of Poweramp development, may as well move on to something else.  Complaining about it produces zero results.  There are lots of other music players available; perhaps you'll find one you like.  Or, you could write a killer music app of your own, release it, make money, and better the android platform.

To Max,
Thank you for creating Poweramp, and continue to develop/upgrade it.  Looking forward to the next release.  I don't care when it comes out.  Much respect dude.  If it never comes out, at least I got more than what I paid for - v2, and some v3 betas.  Hope everything is going well with you.

Archived