Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, dendinm said:

does xiaomi redmi note 5 pro already support 24bit / 192khz?

I see in gsmarena, not mentioned "24bit / 192khz" in spec information on redmi note 5 pro

I'd like to know as well.

10 minutes ago, Leatir said:

@everybody

The future of an application with more than 50 million downloads can`t be decided by 28 people in a vote.

We need more participation :) 

Well it's 58 now, but I agree - so whether you are a fan of having information text overlaid on top of your cover art or not, have your say! :)

Andre

Yes, you argue about the text - it's not the main thing, it does not interfere. The main thing to fix the library is to make it comfortable for you to navigate through folders and artists. Everything else is quite workable, you do not need to reinvent the wheel. The main sound, and he's fine

27 minutes ago, PeterFalk said:

The main thing to fix the library is to make it comfortable for you to navigate through folders and artists. 

Oh that's going to happen first anyway, that's already been discussed. As you say, although the current beta build is fine for trialling the user interface (which is its purpose) it's not really ready for daily use, so the priority should definitely be to get the missing functionality re-integrated and a new beta released with that included as soon as possible.

However as this thread is to specifically discuss the new features in 790 (i.e. the user interface) I think that look and feel discussions are perfectly appropriate here.

Andre

8 hours ago, Last said:

On Nubia z7 Max with Android 5.1 at startup the application crashes with an error (application stopped). On Nubia z7 mini with Android 7.1, the application starts up and works fine. In both cases, the application was installed on previous version of the alpha build 703.

If you have problems with the operation you should delete the app data and restart. That solves some faults. 

Hi, 

I really love the new design, so I hope it doesn't change. I use the visualizer with song title, album, and artist shown. I am hoping for the option to hide status bar while the visualizer is on. I have a Samsung Note 8 non-root with oreo 8.0 os. This phone had a problem with screen burn-in after a couple of months  using a different music player under normal use (e.g. 30min drive to work). Also, I noticed people asking for a next/previous button. I prefer the way Max has implemented the gesture swipe of cover art for this feature over adding buttons. Finally, I noticed the subject of split screen hasn't been mentioned. As stated, I often use Poweramp while drive to work; I would like to see some way to play/pause the music while in split screen by maybe touching the cover art.

aaaaaa_1_50.jpg

Screenshot_20180504-152901_Poweramp_1_63.jpg

16 hours ago, misterjboogie said:

So OpenGL HD works on nougat 7.0 not just 8.0? Sounds nice! Can anyone confirm? I have an LG Stylo 2 Plus MetroPCS variant...not sure if hi res is actually working or not it shows in the info button output it sampling and decoding at that, but since I don't have "Audio Wizard" I'm not sure. Anyway it does seem to sound better than before on OpenGL HD and hires(if that is actually outputting hires on my device) nonethe less aside from the already mentioned sometimes force closing issues lower volume output on hires and no next track or previous track buttons currently present in the player UI plus no artist function delete queue or playlist options working in this beta. I'm pleased! I would like though integrated lyrics support in the player like media monkey has. But this player sounds the best! 

Repost of my question that never got answered. Thanks in advance for your response!!!!

Yes i can confirm that. 

OpenSL HD is working fine with my AXON7 on Nougat

Maybe I will write a few words from myself :) the first thing that annoys me is that the widget can not enter the application. The second is that during the included visualizations some glitch is done with the background when turning on the equalizer ...

I'm confident we'll get an update much sooner than this initial alpha, but I'm not holding my breath. But but but I will still be very happy when we get the next update. No doubt about that. Even in this "not suitable for everyday use" state, Poweramp is the best mobile music player I've ever used.

19 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

And why do you keep asking? It's basically the same icon as before I thought?

Andre

No it isn't. 

And increasing audio buffer didn't help?

Aand how do i remove the noise while playing via Bluetooth?

Screenshot_2018-05-08-21-14-48.png

9 hours ago, BROKEN said:

Why is this even an issue? Are people staring at the player while listening to music?

I resent this comment.

I am. Not permanently. But I do appreciate the cover when a song or album starts, and if it's an album I do occasionally come back to look at it.

I make an effort to have the original cover on all music in my phone and this just feels like nullifying it because it looks better. Well, no thanks, I want a choice. I wouldn't have even bought Poweramp if the demo had had this issue at the time.

Archived