Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

4 hours ago, dvvmvp said:

Can you please implement an option in the forum to go to the 'first unread post' in a thread (just like in the xda developers forum)? 

Tap on the Dot (or Star if you are following a thread) to the left of the thread title in the threads list. That will take you to your first unread post.

Andre

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/30/2018 at 0:43 PM, Bobeca said:

It doesn't start on Samsung S7 with the latest stock ROM. I get a massage 'Poweranp has stopped working' right after the main screen shows.

PS. This is after I have upgraded from the alpha version.

uninstall the older version first then install the latest release.same happened on my device.

3 hours ago, PeterFalk said:

Andre, what are you talking about? When accessing folders, the player just falls down with an error. Access is only to songs and albums.

Folders work fine for me, once again. Bugs don't necessarily affect everyone.

3 hours ago, Biomix said:

Hello andre there are some important point, i think so, when you press for see the detail of music it appear lyrics, details of song, add to playlist but, the button from share music with social network or apps for share not exist

There are a few features still missing from menus (List Options for example) which will need to be added back in. I assume that is one of them.

Andre

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

All Songs, Folders, and Album views all work. Should be plenty to test normal playback with. Other stuff like Artists, Genres, Playlists, and the other more esoteric lists will be returning soon, as you know.

Andre

3 hours ago, PeterFalk said:

Andre, what are you talking about? When accessing folders, the player just falls down with an error. Access is only to songs and albums.

I already mentioned that but I guess my post got lost in the crowd.

If we try to keep our old settings, be it by updating on top of the currently installed version or by restoring our previously exported settings, the 790 build will have an issue accessing the phone's folder list. Directly accessing files (i.e. our music) still works. Wiping the settings solves the issue, unfortunately it also wipes the custom EQ presets we spent all that time and effort creating... :(

I REALLY hope Max would offer us a way to only keep our EQ presets and restore the rest of the settings to their defaults...

36 minutes ago, LFB said:

Edit. Thanks for the tip: "show cue disc image files" it solved for now...

Can anyone else who has reported CUE files as not working confirm if this is fixed by enabling Settings > Folders and Library > Lists > "Show CUE disc image files" ? Normally, that option should only be needed if you wish to see the big overall master audio file, rather than the normal subdivided pseudo-tracks.

Andre

Yeah, a 5 star rating would be better. I assume rating is for shuffling, the higher rating tracks get priority. If not, then I really don't see the point in a rating system.

Also I love the new UI, using only guesstures to navigate is actually pretty easy. It's the same thing as if we had buttons.

19 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Can anyone else who has reported CUE files as not working confirm if this is fixed by enabling Settings > Folders and Library > Lists > "Show CUE disc image files" ? Normally, that option should only be needed if you wish to see the big overall master audio file, rather than the normal subdivided pseudo-tracks.

Andre

Sorry for not explain Andre. It only solved to listen  in one big overall audio file. It does not parse the cue files.?

Just now, BROKEN said:

Yeah, a 5 star rating would be better. I assume rating is for shuffling, the higher rating tracks get priority. If not, then I really don't see the point in a rating system.

I personally used the "top rated" section to listen to songs I really liked. Kinda like a playlist without having to go through my entire library.

Great job! But i have some issues:

-  Black theme don't work as black, maked screenshots.

- when tap on the back button, it's close the player. It works, but please add function of double tapping to exit. It will be more comfortable if, for example, I want to go back to main screen of the player by tapping back button, after making settings of equalizer.

Thank you, you've made a great job! Finally my phone make a great sound on android 7 as was on android 6. And there will be update to android 8 on s7 edge. Hope it will sound as great as now. I use hi-res(experimetal). If i could help somehow in testing, i will help. Waiting for the next beta and final update.

Screenshot_20180502-015102.png

Screenshot_20180502-015107.png

1 minute ago, ReeceS269 said:

I personally used the "top rated" section to listen to songs I really liked. Kinda like a playlist without having to go through my entire library.

Out of all the years I've used Poweramp, I never saw a top rated section. I just go to the artist menu and scroll for the person I want to listen to. Mostly just Shuffle that entire artist album collection.

58 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

I can confirm on my LG V20 enabling that option allows me to play (as one long music track)it without crashing now.

On a side note after using it the handiness of the search button being so close to the bottom is offset by the fact that it does not automatically bring the keyboard up after hitting the search icon. Searching is a 2 step process where I have to hit the  search icon and then that brings up the search field and then I have to hot the search field just to start typing. Hopefully just a bug or an oversight as I believe the stable V2 and Alpha both behaved like that as well.

I love how the new version will work. Seeing album art in playlists and hi res audio was the only thing keeping this from being hands down, the best out there. 

Unfortunately playlist, artist and queue are the main features I use. Since none of those work yet (queue constantly crashes), I can't really use it on the go. So I uninstalled it. I'm very hopeful everything works on the full version release for my phone. Patiently waiting. 

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

I wish I knew which bit was a question... OpenGL HD is needed for 8.0+, otherwise you can try the other HD output method.

Andre

24bit hires or 24bit OpenGL HD....thanks for your reply also is OpenGL HD only for 8.0 not nougat?

Woooow !! Amazing UI it will be the best ??

Unfortunately I have a problem that the player can't display my external storage songs and if I tried to use the app from file manager it "stopped working" (Android 7.0)

I hope you solve this pleeeease ❤️

Yes!!  Max thank you so much. I'm beyond excited. Do you have a donate link of some sort?  

While you're putting back the remaining features can you make as much of the now playing screen stuff have the option to be hidden like you had for knobs and things on previous versions?  I'm hoping to mostly have just the artwork displayed and then tap the screen to have those things come back. Great work dude!

Andre, you are a saint dude. Keep up the great work and patience. 

2 hours ago, Feilakas said:

I already mentioned that but I guess my post got lost in the crowd.

If we try to keep our old settings, be it by updating on top of the currently installed version or by restoring our previously exported settings, the 790 build will have an issue accessing the phone's folder list. Directly accessing files (i.e. our music) still works. Wiping the settings solves the issue, unfortunately it also wipes the custom EQ presets we spent all that time and effort creating... :(

I REALLY hope Max would offer us a way to only keep our EQ presets and restore the rest of the settings to their defaults...

Can't confirm. I just installed it on top of the alpha, no issues. 

40 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

It works on my Nougat with s7 edge. So go figure. 24bit OpenGL ES HD Output. Then again I convert my TM firmware to Unlocked TMK firmware, since I unlocked phone with TM Unlock app.

Thanks for that!!!

Blessings!!!!

After waiting silently for the beta since the alpha I have to say max you did a amazing job. Everything pretty much works for the Lg V30 korean model. Just can't wait for the next releases so I can get back the recently added tab. Keep up all the hard work it took awhile but it's here and for me it's worth it.

On 30/04/2018 at 6:24 AM, maxmp said:

NOTE: this Beta Preview is a preview-quality software to trial the new user-interface, it is not ready for day-to-day usage.

It does not yet have all of the features of the previous Alpha release. Some functionality is not ready yet, missing, or incomplete, such as:

• Most library categories are not implemented as yet (you can only use All Songs, Folders, or Albums)
  • No List Options in Library screens
  • List/track/preset operations like deletion, adding to playlists, etc not yet supported
  • No landscape or tablet-specific layouts
  • No custom lockscreen

These features will be re-added into forthcoming beta releases over the next few weeks.

Expect crashes and other strange things:) All the debug/checking code is still there.

Please make sure you backed up your previous installation, as it's not easily possible to revert to previous versions due to database format change.

Poweramp-beta-preview-build-790-uni.apk

Updated Notes: If you are downloading directly on a mobile, make sure your browser does not alter the filename - the filename extension must be ".apk" to work. Install the file using a file explorer app rather than trying to run it from your browser. If you have any crashing issues, try deleting the app cache and data, or do a complete uninstall of the old version and then try the new version as a fresh install. (Remember to backup before you do so) 

Don't know about you guys, but since I've installed the beta 790, I've got issues with pop up ads that occur every single time I have to unlock my phone.. it's a bit annoying.. ?.. 

Also The Dvc option have a minor issue on htc10 Android 8.0... When I unplug my ear phone and plug it after, it's seems like it reset even if it shows in the settings that it's on.. 

Cannot exit the queue without the app stopping. Neither swiping or returning to the main library with the library button works. I am sure you are already aware of this but I just wanted to make a note of it

Thank you

Brian

Archived