Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

Overall, the build is good. However, I found three (possible) bugs

1. When enabling float 32 sample format, the volume drops by a bit. I am using sony C4. I am not sure if my ROM supports Hi-res but when using (EXPERIMENTAL) hi-res output, volume drops by atleast 80%.

2. When using "search" option, I am not able to find Folders category, but can find songs and albums category. I hope this lies within the incomplete list that Max mentioned in the changelog.

3. The most common: The playback stops when turning off the screen, I have tried all possible suggested solutions like using wakeclock and disabling aggressive background. But the issue still exists. This might be one of the biggest bug of this build. 

And finally some opinions:

1. Need more buttons on main player screen. Previous and next buttons should be implemented and option should be there to disable gesture/swipe for changing tracks (previously seen in V2).

2. Need to remove unwanted text from the album art. Just the title name should be enough.

3. (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!) I really liked the gesture navigation within library/folder/album/list (Dont know if much of the people have found this new feature). But, it would be more useful and handy if Max makes this gestures like in touchpad of most laptops. I mean, right now even if you swipe left or right, it takes you one step back towards the main payer ( EX:- from folder to library to main player). It should be like back and forth. If you swipe left it takes you back (folder to library to player) and if you swipe right it should take you more deep/in (from library to folder to individual song) using previous history. 

If anyone found these bugs and opinions necessary, quote this. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@maxmp A humble suggestion: 

I think it is not necessary to add the "I do not like" button since I suppose we all have in our personal library music that we like. 

Failing that, it would be nice to replace the button with a "heart" or a "star".

What do others think?

5 minutes ago, Darrenjfwalsh1701 said:

I have a solution for the music stopping when you lock the screen, you just need to not have lock screen enabled in lockscreen settings, it works for me anyway

Screenshot_20180501-080329_Poweramp.jpg

But at the sametime, we need to use Poweramp's Lock Screen. This can be a temporary fix but Max needs to find permanent solution.

14 hours ago, Strange said:

Poweramp has already been discounted at 0.10Cent/€ in December 2016.

Well for me it always have been 3.99$ (Us dollars)

i might have missed that sale

There has been a recent trend of apps going on sale in playstore that is why i sort of want the app to go on sale

I've 3$ via googld opnion rewards pg

Wow this is a premium work. It worth the wait!

Hres output perfect in my nexus 6. 

Working perfct well with viper4 android!

The interface is amazing!

We love you Max. This will always be the best player for Android!

????

4 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

I was just hinting to someone that said that Alpha 704 is more beta than this release, and this release should be an alpha. Nothing towards you.

Ironically, it does seem that way for now. Until the recent Oreo issues, I regarded 704 as a completely functional working beta, and actually very stable and perfectly suitable for daily use. 790 appears to be much more of an alpha at the moment, although Max does plan to quickly re-integrate the missing features. 

Andre

4 minutes ago, Vishnu Menon said:

I found whenever i click to open the music player from status bar, it crashes .

But really love the update❤?.

Awesome work❤

Same happened to me, so I unchecked the navigate to list option and now it works fine. 

1 hour ago, Christian García said:

It does not let me install the app on moto g5s plus, I have completely removed the app and the payment but it does not let me install, I have already activated to install unknown origins

Make sure the download has not altered the filename. The extension must be .apk to work, and open it in a file explorer not your browser.

Andre

4 hours ago, Bo$$_8055 said:

3. (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!) I really liked the gesture navigation within library/folder/album/list (Dont know if much of the people have found this new feature).

If we are going to have left/right swiping within the Library screen, I would much prefer it to cycle between the different category views (Folders>Albums>Artists>Playlists>etc) in a tab-like manner. It's awkward having a new forced extra hierarchy layer to have to go back up through.

At the moment, swiping left/right seems to do much the same thing - and it can't be reversed by swiping back the other way as you would intuitively expect, nor can you go back with the Back button.

Andre

10 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

If we are going to have left/right swiping within the Library screen, I would much prefer it to cycle between the different category views (Folders>Albums>Artists>Playlists>etc) in a tab-like manner. It's awkward having a new forced extra hierarchy layer to have to go back up through.

Andre

Think like this way: You are on a chrome browser and surf through different sites. If you swipe left to right on touchpad, it takes you one step back (on a previous site) and if you swipe from right to left, it takes you more deep/in. It works using stored history through out the process. Might be a good idea to navigate in Poweramp just by swiping. No need to have different tabs for each category, just storing the entire journey/navigation in a single use. 

21 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

At the moment, swiping left/right seems to do much the same thing - and it can't be reversed by swiping back the other way as you would intuitively expect, nor can you go back with the Back button.

Andre

Thats what I meant, swiping in opposite directions should navigate you in previous screen/category. Also the back button issue should be fix. If you are on EQ screen, pressing back button should take you to main player instead of exiting the app.

1 hour ago, Leatir said:

I think it is not necessary to add the "I do not like" button since I suppose we all have in our personal library music that we like. 

Personally, I completely agree. If I have any song files on my phone for which I would ever want to press a "Thumbs Down" button, I would just delete them.

A five star rating system is far more compatible with general music use (not to mention current installations) and it has better granularity rather than just "Like/Dislike". Zero stars just means not rated yet, not necessarily a "dislike" per se.

An exclusively database-only approach is not very portable, and also prone to loss from crashes. I know Max says a few file types do not support ratings tags at all, and on some occasions it might involve rewriting the whole music file to save them permanently (first time only, if a POPM tag is not already present), but that could be so easily be handled by making writing back to files a user-selectable option, with a Warning note saying that not all file types support it and that it could take time to rewrite longer files. Reading from any existing tags that are already present in files should be very simple. If TheoKlink 's (@flyingdutchmanNew Playlist Manager app can do it, I'm sure it must be possible for PA to do it natively too.

Andre

this release does NOT crash on me on the note 8 with oreo, and try waiting 5 mins after restart on a samsung and it wont crash. best thing is to not close all background apps. its br far MUCH better than last v3 alpha.

Enjoying it so far.

Found that widget touch doesn't start app interface. No skip back/forward buttons in player screen and I can save EQ settings but not per output profile which is really important.

Using with ZTE Axon 7 on stock Nougat.

Love you  Developers? for this awesome release. 

Now  I encountered first problem is that When I  enabled Poweramp lockscreen and tried to lock the screen Poweramp stops. Then I also tried to  Uninstall the Poweramp and then done fresh installation. But problem is still there and lockscreen doesn't work anymore. 

Please suggest me something  as soon as possible. My device is HTC running Android 6.

Thanks 

Screenshot_20180501-135709.png

7 minutes ago, Mayank Choudhary said:

Please suggest me something  as soon as possible. My device is HTC running Android 6.

I suggest you read the first post in this thread, the post that you downloaded this beta app from. Lockscreen functionality is not yet supported.

Andre

Archived