Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

I have options in the AUDIO - OUTPUT

2 OUTPUTS for HI RES sound reproduction.

That's a nice thing and both work without problems.

OpenSL ES HD Output

Native 24-bit 96 - 192khz

and

Hi-Res Output (Experimental)

Direct Hardware 24-bit 96/192khz

Sonically, there are differences between the two outputs.

It's not that one sounds better than the other, they just sound different.

Can someone explain to me where and what is the difference between the outputs?

Screenshot_2018-04-30-20-20-05.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ReeceS269 said:

How can I disable visualisation? I've turned it off but it comes on automatically after about a second of play.

It should stay off if you toggle the setting to "Disabled" (i.e. icon is outline hollow rather than filled-in black). If it does not, try clearing the app's cache and data, or reinstall the 790 .apk file cleanly rather than over 704.

Andre

9 hours ago, jds65 said:

Hi res working on Lg v20 16 bit 48khz using opensl es hd but switches to 24bit 192khz using the hi res output.though the sound is kinda off with high res like the soundstage is narrowed and highs screech.Im running Neutron which also outputs 24/192 confirmed with matlog and sounds much better than Poweramp high res but the UI!!

Screenshot_2018-04-30-02-21-28.png

This.

People need to confirm the narrowed soundstage and hurting highs when the HiRes is on. Perfectly working HiRes is the main function I think all of us here have been waiting for.

14 hours ago, maxmp said:

NOTE: this Beta Preview is a preview-quality software, not ready for day-to-day usage, nor it's close in quality to the previous Alpha release

Some functionality is not ready yet, missing, or incomplete: most library categories, list/track/preset operations like deletion, adding to playlists, no landscape nor tablet layouts, no custom lockscreen, etc.

Expect crashes and other strange things:) All the debug/checking code is still there.

Please make sure you backed up your previous installation, as it's not easily possible to revert to previous versions due to database format change.

Poweramp-beta-preview-build-790-uni.apk

On my lg v20, trying to select artist section will not work. For now I have to use album section to select what I want.

I might as well put my bug troubles in as well..

When I turn off lock screen blur (since I use a Wear device and the blur doesn't work there) the lock screen album art doesn't show up altogether. Also, I can't seem to select songs/albums? Tapping and holding doesn't do anything and using the select button doesn't work unless I use the select all check box.

Running on LG G6, stock 7.0

Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful app and I expected things such as this from a beta release. Keep up the great work, Max!

3 hours ago, Rishabh181 said:

Hi res is the game changer!! It made the sound so much clearer on Xiaomi Redmi note 3 with sd650.Even the static humm for extremely sensitive kz zs6 has become lower after enabling Hi res .Hats off to the effort.I am in love with Hi Res?

Which Android version are you on?

2 hours ago, coralhbn said:

New UI is awesome, thx for your hart work. I here review a bug with S7 edge 810, whenever I put out my headphones and put it in again, the volume always return to the maximal level, no matter the DVC is on or not. I can just turn off the 'resume on wired headset' to prevent my ears from suddenly loud sounds. 

Screenshot_20180501-011034.png

Same problem here 

15 hours ago, maxmp said:

NOTE: this Beta Preview is a preview-quality software, not ready for day-to-day usage, nor it's close in quality to the previous Alpha release

Some functionality is not ready yet, missing, or incomplete: most library categories, list/track/preset operations like deletion, adding to playlists, no landscape nor tablet layouts, no custom lockscreen, etc.

Expect crashes and other strange things:) All the debug/checking code is still there.

Please make sure you backed up your previous installation, as it's not easily possible to revert to previous versions due to database format change.

Poweramp-beta-preview-build-790-uni.apk

*Edit i finally managed to install the APK FILE* Thanks Max! 

First at all thanks for the Beta!

I tested on my Huawei P20 Lite and everything works great, this is an awesome beta, the default skin looks beautiful, the gestures, the navigation, but I miss the folder Icon, more visualization options, some options are just ignored by the app like Statup Screen (I choose folders but it always start at Library).

3 minutes ago, belac_01 said:

First at all thanks for the Beta!

I tested on my Huawei P20 Lite and everything works great, this is an awesome beta, the default skin looks beautiful, the gestures, the navigation, but I miss the folder Icon, more visualization options, some options are just ignored by the app like Statup Screen (I choose folders but it always start at Library).

Read the first post

Started my testing with a show-stopping bug.

I really, REALLY do not want to re-create my EQ presets so I re-imported my saved 703/704 settings upon update.
If I do, I cannot access the "folder" menu AT ALL. The app will either (and weirdly enough) say "This means nothing to me" or it will simply crash.

Deleting my settings and staring fresh fixes it, but I lose all my EQ presets which for me is a no-go.

Also, I cannot find a button or gesture to jump to the next folder/album/playlist. The swiping gestures only switch the song.

48 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

It should stay off if you toggle the setting to "Disabled" (i.e. icon is outline hollow rather than filled-in black). If it does not, try clearing the app's cache and data, or reinstall the 790 .apk file cleanly rather than over 704.

Andre

Thanks. That worked.

Hello, Max

Thank you very much for the new version!

I am using HTC 10 with Android 8. May I know what does "Float32 Sample Format" option do and why the volume level is lower when it's enabled? Is it better to leave it enabled or should I disable it?

Such a forum can be damned helpful if you have the gift or the will to READ it.

Seriously, do not you want to or can not read some here?

Or are you just not able to go through the few posts to answer your questions yourself?

This behavior has been noticeable to me for a long time and is not limited to this forum.

Archived