Jump to content
Karthik2000

Not showing album art and info/tags of Nokia music

Recommended Posts

I have hundreds of songs downloadad from Nokia store. 

None of them are showing album art, tags and info in the Poweramp player.

They all work perfectly with other players like Google play music, Samsung music etc.

I sending you the music files, please look on to it.

(To email: Poweramp.maxmpz@gmail.com )

 

Screenshot_2018-04-02-12-57-28.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have access to the support email address so can't help with what you have sent, could you link an example or two here so I can have a quick look?

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I don't have access to the support email address so can't help with what you have sent, could you link an example or two here so I can have a quick look?

Andre

Link you asked: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1WNo5UyD-_6bDQzGvqgSXed-G8tyQAKkf

Thank you Andre for replying.

//Alex Platonov replied to the email. He asked me to rescan. I tried it, no improvement...

This problem is only with the files downloadad from Nokia store. Other files are working good.
 
I think the files are NOT damaged as the songs show every detail in Google play music.
Same problem happened in v2, and now in v3...
 
You can try with the 2 music files attached.
Also to mention, the file size of mp3s of other stores are 3mb to 5mb. And the ones from Nokia store are less than 1mb. 
I am sure all the tags were embedded (checked with vlc desktop player).
 
Thanks in advance,
Karthik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are some seriously weird files! Despite the extensions, they are not even MP3 format, they are very low bitrate (32Kb/s) AAC encodes:

Format                               : AAC
Format/Info                        : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                    : HE-AACv2 / HE-AAC / LC
Codec ID                           : 40
Bit rate mode                     : Constant
Bit rate                               : 32.0 kb/s

There is some sort of tagging of titles/etc going on there, but it's not regular ID3 format. Neither my Windows PC desktop/explorer, nor most of my PC music players, and not even TagScanner see those tags at all - and foobar2000 (which is a pretty standard and versatile package) doesn't even recognise them as playable music files at all. The only software that seems to see the tags and artwork is VLC (and even that won't convert them).

So basically I would suggest getting them again, from a more reliable/standard source. Or you could try re-tagging them yourself in a tag editor program (which may not read whatever is in there already, but it would allow you to re-enter and re-save them). Freemake Converter seems to read the tags and will re-encode them to regular MP3/ID3 files, but quite honestly at 32kbs source rates I don't think I'd bother.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Those are some seriously weird files! Despite the extensions, they are not even MP3 format, they are very low bitrate (32Kb/s) AAC encodes:

Format                               : AAC
Format/Info                        : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                    : HE-AACv2 / HE-AAC / LC
Codec ID                           : 40
Bit rate mode                     : Constant
Bit rate                               : 32.0 kb/s

There is some sort of tagging of titles/etc going on there, but it's not regular ID3 format. Neither my Windows PC desktop/explorer, nor most of my PC music players, and not even TagScanner see those tags at all - and foobar2000 (which is a pretty standard and versatile package) doesn't even recognise them as playable music files at all. The only software that seems to see the tags and artwork is VLC (and even that won't convert them).

So basically I would suggest getting them again, from a more reliable/standard source. Or you could try re-tagging them yourself in a tag editor program (which may not read whatever is in there already, but it would allow you to re-enter and re-save them). Freemake Converter seems to read the tags and will re-encode them to regular MP3/ID3 files, but quite honestly at 32kbs source rates I don't think I'd bother.

Andre

Thanks Andre for your help!!

//(I am amazed by your quick response)

I tried other players on the play store and they seem to show info/details and album arts of those music files.

Attached a few screenshots in which they show the details...,

File: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1WJ7wNBHtFEzeZfMzsadUMnWwZClhFsfY

Karthik

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Karthik2000 said:

I tried other players on the play store and they seem to show info/details and album arts of those music files.

They might do, but the files are still non-standard. They aren't even MP3 files. And the tags seem to be Quicktime based. In short, they are very odd! Here's what EXIFtool reports (which is a photo tagging program, but it can generate reports on all sorts of bizarre file types)

[File]          FileName                        : Give Me Some Sunshine.mp3
[File]          FileSize                        : 1005 kB
[File]          FileModifyDate                  : 2018:04:03 00:26:30+01:00
[File]          FileAccessDate                  : 2018:04:03 08:48:38+01:00
[File]          FileCreateDate                  : 2018:04:03 08:48:34+01:00
[File]          FilePermissions                 : rw-rw-rw-
[File]          FileType                        : MP4
[File]          FileTypeExtension               : mp4
[File]          MIMEType                        : video/mp4
[QuickTime]     MajorBrand                      : MP4 v2 [ISO 14496-14]
[QuickTime]     MinorVersion                    : 0.0.0
[QuickTime]     CompatibleBrands                : mp42, isom, 3gp6, 3g2a, 3gp4
[QuickTime]     MovieHeaderVersion              : 0
[QuickTime]     CreateDate                      : 2011:08:21 02:33:53
[QuickTime]     ModifyDate                      : 2011:08:21 02:33:53
[QuickTime]     TimeScale                       : 600
[QuickTime]     Duration                        : 0:04:07
[QuickTime]     PreferredRate                   : 1
[QuickTime]     PreferredVolume                 : 100.00%
[QuickTime]     PreviewTime                     : 0 s
[QuickTime]     PreviewDuration                 : 0 s
[QuickTime]     PosterTime                      : 0 s
[QuickTime]     SelectionTime                   : 0 s
[QuickTime]     SelectionDuration               : 0 s
[QuickTime]     CurrentTime                     : 0 s
[QuickTime]     NextTrackID                     : 2
[QuickTime]     TrackHeaderVersion              : 0
[QuickTime]     TrackCreateDate                 : 2011:08:21 02:33:53
[QuickTime]     TrackModifyDate                 : 2011:08:21 02:33:53
[QuickTime]     TrackID                         : 1
[QuickTime]     TrackDuration                   : 0:04:07
[QuickTime]     TrackLayer                      : 0
[QuickTime]     TrackVolume                     : 100.00%
[QuickTime]     MatrixStructure                 : 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
[QuickTime]     MediaHeaderVersion              : 0
[QuickTime]     MediaCreateDate                 : 2011:08:21 02:33:53
[QuickTime]     MediaModifyDate                 : 2011:08:21 02:33:53
[QuickTime]     MediaTimeScale                  : 44100
[QuickTime]     MediaDuration                   : 0:04:07
[QuickTime]     MediaLanguageCode               : und
[QuickTime]     HandlerDescription              : soun
[QuickTime]     Balance                         : 0
[QuickTime]     AudioFormat                     : mp4a
[QuickTime]     AudioChannels                   : 2
[QuickTime]     AudioBitsPerSample              : 16
[QuickTime]     AudioSampleRate                 : 44100
[QuickTime]     HandlerType                     : Metadata
[QuickTime]     Genre                           : Bollywood
[QuickTime]     Copyright                       : (P) Super Cassettes Industries Ltd. (C) Super Cassettes Industries Ltd.
[QuickTime]     Title                           : Give Me Some Sunshine
[QuickTime]     Artist                          : Sharman Joshi
[QuickTime]     AlbumArtist                     : Shantanu Moitra
[QuickTime]     Album                           : 3 Idiots
[QuickTime]     Comment                         : Publisher: T-Series, Nokia: (AlbumId:7559475, EntityId:7559479, GenreId:Bollywood, ArtistId:964552)
[QuickTime]     EncodedBy                       : Nokia
[QuickTime]     ContentCreateDate               : 2009
[QuickTime]     TrackNumber                     : 4 of 0
[QuickTime]     CoverArt                        : (Binary data 13352 bytes, use -b option to extract)
[QuickTime]     MovieDataSize                   : 989171
[QuickTime]     MovieDataOffset                 : 40055


Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goodness, that's a long delayed response. :)

I tend to use Advanced Renamer by the way, as mentioned in one of your links. Easier and safer than messing around with command-line wildcard renaming, and free.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...