Dynamic selection of output frequency/bitrate to avoid unnecessary upsampling

Is it possible to use high res audio without upsampling?

I have a OnePlus-2 and the high res audio is running in 24 bit Snapdragon with 192 KHz support.

Upon selecting any bitrate it is shown that the audio Is being upsampled. For example if I have selected 192 KHz my 44.1 KHz audio is being upsampled to 192Khz.

Is there option to disable upsampling?

18 hours ago, Flowinglava17 said:

Is it possible to use high res audio without upsampling?

Not at present, all audio will be output at whatever frequency and bitrate you have selected, there is not dynamic setting available. Perhaps in the future when the app gets to a release stage though?

Andre

Hi Andre, is this the proper thread to request features for Poweramp v3 Alpha? And sorry in advance if there's anybody who'd request the following features I would asked before.

I've had the alpha 704 high res support worked properly on my Meizu Pro 5 and Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon (mido), both on Nougat firmware.

My only gripe would be that I have to switch the sample rate manually everytime I change song with different sample rate (example. 192kHz to 96kHz) cause I don't want to use software resampling and I know that the DACs in my phones support such sample rates. It would be nice if Poweramp v3 can follow source sample rate and switch the output sample rate feed to the DAC accordingly without going through software resampler.

Archived