While using car dock

bgrade

Would it be possible that when using the car dock and the screen is off, long holding the volume up key starts over and volume down key skips current track and using the camera shutter button pauses playback? This would be great because i don't always keep my screen on while driving and the phone is in the dock, and its sometimes hard to turn the screen ON, unlock it, draw my unlock pattern and then use a gesture to skip music.

Good idea. I love PA, but I must admit it's not vehicle-friendly at all. :(

Not yet, anyway... :)

But the camera button-pause wouldn't work for me. No camera button on the Atrix. Maybe add a configuration page where you can assign any button to any function, along with the option of specifying short/long/double/triple press for the button. That way, people could make it work however they want with whatever buttons they happen to have available to them. I see how this could be dangerous (ie. if a user assigns the power button to pause/unpause, happens to be in a meeting taking notes, then presses power button to put his phone to sleep, and it starts blasting out Spice Girls or something embarrassing). But you could put a big fat disclaimer, or allow the user to specify "only respond to button press when PA has focus". Idunno.

But making a more car-friendly interface for it would be awesome. Maybe it could switch to that interface automatically when docked, like the default player does. That's "what I want, what I really really want." ;)

Archived