Quick-fix for notification on Android Oreo 8.1 (v1.40)

For me whenever my phone is locked my headset controls won't work, it won't play or pause or anything. I know its not the headphones or the rom because other music players respond fine to it. I tried installing this app to no avail. Anyone else with this issue?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/8/2018 at 10:57 PM, Styphoryte said:

For me whenever my phone is locked my headset controls won't work, it won't play or pause or anything. I know its not the headphones or the rom because other music players respond fine to it. I tried installing this app to no avail. Anyone else with this issue?

vous devez définir l'optimisation de la batterie pour "ne pas optimiser" pour l'application

you need to set the optimization of the battery for "do not optimize" for the application

• 2 weeks later...

@clever_man, I found a bug with your notification helper on Oreo. Thanks for your work! 

1.When I change songs rapidly, it prompts “Poweramp notification helper has stopped  working”(maybe not exactly, I am a Chinese user)

2.When this prompted, the controls still working, but the notification stop updating. (It still can switch A song to B, but the animation stopped changing.) 

3.After restart the server or re-open the application, it works again. 

4.Even I didn't switch songs that fast, this bug still there, but in a very low frequency. 

Maybe soon I won't need this anymore, but who knows :-P

Again, thank you for your effort to build this App, it helps.

@clever_man, My device is ZUK Z2 Pro, with AEX 5.4 rooted by magisk 16.0 with Xposed Framework 90-beta3. If you want more information I would like to sand you an email instead of posting here.

Just after a few hours I saw the news about v3 beta, which is posted by you. I think I can wait for v3 release and have a try. I hope v3 can really fix most of annoying bugs and we don't need this anymore.

Thank you.

On 5/4/2018 at 3:33 PM, Jayson Rodriguez said:

Ok but I have a Samsung Galaxy J3   7.0? Would that make a difference? Plus I read that since Poweramp is still in beta testing some features may not be operating correctly yet. 

If you have Android nougat (7.0), you don't need this. The built-in notification for Poweramp doesn't work on Android Oreo, but it should work on every other version of Android.

1 hour ago, tonychest1996 said:

Hey clever man the player stops frequently when the screen is turned off . Is there any solution for this problem 

I suspect this is nothing to do with this app, might be better to check the main threads (assuming you are using one of the beta releases of PA?).

Andre

On 5/3/2018 at 0:43 AM, DEEPAK C N said:

Waiting for your reply

Dear, Clever_man if you are alive kindly confirm whether this notification issue will be fixed or not already Android P version is releasing still this is issue is not fixed. Poweramp developer's and test engineers are alive or not what they are doing. We have paid for this app give the best for the users. If this issue is not fixed please give my money back.