library includes songs outside folders list :(

nstyn4te

I have two .mp3 files on my phone which i use for the ringtone and alert tone which i do not want to be included in the music library. They are in the /sdcard/bluetooth folder. The rest of my music is in the /sdcard/music folder. I have only the /sdcard/music folder set as a music folder, which I thought would "hide" the ringtone/alert mp3s from view. Apparently, I was wrong. Is there something I'm missing? What can I do if anything to fix this?

Anyway, sorry if this was posted before. I want to say that this is a fantastic music player. It blows away anything else I've seen on the market. I'm usually loathe to pay for apps, but I'll probably make an exception for one as outstanding as Poweramp.

You may try to put ".nomedia" file (just 0 bytes file) into /sdcard/bluetooth folder and reboot the phone (or may be just connect USB drive and disconnect - this starts system media scanner). .nomedia will stop the given directory from being scanned by system scanner, but I'm not sure it will be available as ringtone then.

yeah I've come across that solution. I tried it for myself yesterday and it turns out your suspicion is correct: media in folders with the .nomedia file are not accessible as ringtones; when the phone rings it reverts to some generic beeping tone. Is there no way within the player to tell it to play just what's in my /sdcard/music folder? (and subfolders, of course)

yeah, i've just worked that one out for myself. Looks like i'll be abandoning library mode, but that's ok with me. Folder mode is working fine, and I've used the sort option to put the the /sdcard/music folder on top of the folder list making for convenient access. That's good enough for my purposes.

Thanks a lot for your help, and keep up the good work.

hey, i think I just noticed something funny: if I longpress on my /sdcard/music folder in the folders view I get the options to shuffle all or play all. If I select Shuffle All, it shuffles through only the songs in the root of the directory, whereas if I select Play All it goes through all songs in all subdirectories (I can then press on the shuffle button to shuffle all songs). This seems a bit clumsy. What's the intended behaviour here?

This is intended this way. Basically, Play ALL action will start playing the given folder, but it will continue to next available folder when current folder finishes. Next available folder can be also subfolder etc - depending on Folder Sorting set in settings.

Shuffle ALL just switches Shuffle Current Folder mode, so it shuffles songs from the given folder only.

Archived