Album advance >>> in Playlists?

AndyY2K

I'm not sure if this is even possible but maybe someone can advise me:

When I'm listening to a playlist it would be great if there was a way to advance to next album in the current playlist. Ideally I would like the option to use the >>> key to go to next album rather than to next playlist.

Why?

Well, my playlists consist of many complete albums (as opposed to a random collection of unrelated tracks) and it would be convenient to occasionally skip to the next album in the currently selected playlist. (Actually I would never want to skip to the next playlist on the fly.)

I have tried to research this but my search terms were too generic to provide targeted results. I understand that the more typical content of playlists is unrelated individual tracks and therefore there would be no purpose to the functionality I'm seeking however for some users it would be a valuable feature. Is there some way to configure this option?

Thanks for any input :)

Andy

When in Playlist mode there is no real concept of Album or Artist or any other sequence, the tracks could be sourced from anywhere and in any order, even if in your case there does happen to be an order to them. So the next 'list' can only really be the next Playlist.

Why not separate your content into your desired blocks (albums in your case) as multiple playlists and name them so they play sequentially? ("MyPlaylist01", "MyPlaylist02", etc) Then you could use List Advance (>>>) to move to the next section of your chosen song list (i.e. the next numbered playlist in the group)

Andre

Hi Andre,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. Your response is totally logical. Because I was used to playing albums directly from folders I sort of got accustomed to being able to use List Advance (>>>) to jump from album to album. I can now appreciate why this is not supported for playlists. At least I'm no longer banging my head trying to get a feature that doesn't exist to work :)

Happy New Year,

Andy

Archived