Organizing music

Olivar

Personally I hate iTunes for its inflexibility and tendency to force you to do things its way rather than allowing you to specific your own folder structures, etc. Strange how people have different opinions of things isn't it? What in iTunes do you like that you think Poweramp should do better?

Andre

Well maybe I'm not understanding how p.a. works. I have been using p.a For about a year now it was running on a galaxy S6 and I've since upgraded to the new note 8 connected by Samsung's smart switch app to a Macintosh MacBook pro os x.now I organize the music in smart switch into it's prospective folder's by genre, but when I open p.a. the music is just all over the place, just a big mess of genre's. I'm not understand how to organize my music in p.a.can you provide a detailed explanation on how to do this.? It is very  frustrating.

If you have got your music organised by folders (that's the way I do it too) then just use Folders mode in PA to view and listen to your music. You can use List Options to view the folders list either at a long flattened list of all folders, or a drill-down directory-tree hierarchy like you would see on your computer screen. I set the folders sort order for Path/Folder, and then By Filename at the songs level.

To make the sort order work better for me, I have my top-level genre folder names prefixed with digits so they show up in the order I want them (e.g. "01 Podcasts", "10 Films", "20 TV", "30 Pop", etc - I leave gaps in the numbering so I can add items in between later if I want to).

Andre

Archived