High Resolution Audio Processing discussion

barcajuvebilbao

On 12/8/2017 at 7:04 AM, Timmy Fox said:

@ACE7F22 @ToaneeM Then I invite you two to do a full double blind test and tell me if you can actually tell the difference because I sure can't with notably higher performing equipment than what a mere phone is capable of.

Even IF there is a difference you speak of, it's so small that if I and a bunch of other people can't make it out on any of the tests I've conducted on a variety of dedicated DAC/AMP combinations with numerous different high-end headphones including some HD800, Hifiman, STAX etc. you'd very likely impossibly be able to tell the difference using a mobile integrated dac/amp and essentially any portable headphones.

Either way, don't take my word from it, here's one of several popular papers that go more into detail about it written by someone who's actually done this type of work professionally for many years; https://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

...And who's phone has a cesium clock to bring that jitter into line at such sample rates?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/9/2017 at 2:04 AM, ACE7F22 said:

...The way it all blends together to create music is something we feel on a soul deep level, and it's why people say digital audio isn't as good as a live performance. 

I don't disagree with your posts, but come on, you know that experiencing a live performance has a lot to do with the whole experience - the energy of the crowd, the energy of the band feeding off the energy of the crowd, the chemical content of the listener's blood stream, the hot chics, etc.

Archived