Headset being ignored when Hi-Res-Output is active

Njörðr

Hello Poweramp community,

I just wanted to report a bug that occurs a few times per week, while Poweramp is used everyday for hours. I have a Galaxy S6, it supports the Hi-Res Output, so I don't have to use the OpenSL EL Output, which is indeed worse than the Hi-Res Output.

The bug is that sometimes when my headphones are plugged in, the music still is being played out of the speakers of the phone though the device treats the music/volume as if the headphones are plugged in as usual (tested with 4 different ones).

The only way to remove the problem temporarily (it lasts a few days) is to reset the options from the Hi-Res Output, from the menu of the output plugins, and from the output settings in general. After that I wipe the app's cache and force close it, and restart my phone. It did never plays the music through my headphones without restarting the phone, or the other previous steps.

I have no clue why this bug occurs, but it is annoying (public transportation). The Hi-Res Output is so much better than the other ones so it would be nice if it works all the time correct not just most of the time.

Archived