Join Albums not working?

dmachop

There is an option Poweramp Settings -> Folders and Library -> Lists -> Join Albums

when enabled, the music library will join on the Album names. For example, the songs:

1. Album1 - Song1.mp3 - Artist1, artist2

2. Album1 - Song2.mp3 - Artist3

will be listed under Album1. This was my assumption on how this should work. However, even when this is enabled, I could see two separate listing on the Album names and artists. Can this be overridden?

That lists the songs on 'Album Artist' tag like:

• 1. Artist1, artist2
  • 2. Artist3

But what I wanted is:

• Album1
  • Under Album 1:
  • 1. Song1
  • 2. Song2

Ideally, if the option is not selected, the unique key would be the 'Album Artist' value. If selected, the unique key would be 'Album' value. Is this behaviour correct?

It is a bit confusing, especially as initial support for the Album Artist tag was only introduced in the alpha-test release, and may change and/or still need some debugging before the final release of v3.

Album Artists is a new mode which should show the Album Artist names at the top level (as the name implies), then individual album Titles for each of those Album Artists in the level underneath that, then the Songs from each of those albums at the lowest level. Any songs which don't have an Album Artist tags will show under 'Unknown Artist' at the top level. This mode won't show the various individual-track Artist names at all (other than when you get to the Player screen).

Albums mode will show a list by the Album title tag first, and is based solely on the Album Title tag and regardless of any Artist or Album Artist tags, and drilling down one level will show the Songs in each of those Albums. This mode works well as long as you don't have multiple albums with the same overall tile (for example an album title of "The Very Best of" can be confusing, better to use more descriptive titles such as "The Very Best of ABBA", "The Very Best of David Bowie", etc)

Albums by Artists is meant to sort by Artist first then Album, but it does also take into account the Artist field to separate albums. This is less useful for 'various artist' style albums.

Personally, as I have quite a lot of tracks which don't tag very well (such as podcasts and theme park background audio loops which may not have any valid album names or sometimes even artists) I always use Folders mode and simply put everything into folders names which are sorted exactly as I want them. But then I guess I'm a bit old-school that way. :)

Andre

On 11/8/2017 at 3:37 AM, andrewilley said:

Albums mode will show a list by the Album title tag first, and is based solely on the Album Title tag and regardless of any Artist or Album Artist tags, and drilling down one level will show the Songs in each of those Albums. This mode works well as long as you don't have multiple albums with the same overall tile (for example an album title of "The Very Best of" can be confusing, better to use more descriptive titles such as "The Very Best of ABBA", "The Very Best of David Bowie", etc)

Per this, the Album view does not work and it considers the Artist tag which it shouldn't be. Can you rectify this please to not consider other tags apart from Album.

Archived