Backup and Restore Settings and Music Lists on Drop Box and Google Drive

Johnny b

Hello guys!

This is a greate app and as users we should have the ability to make online backups of configurations and Music Lists.

It would be better if could make separate backups for app settings and for playlists.

What do you think, isn't it a good idea?

You can currently export your playlists as m3u8 files and export configuration settings with Poweramp. What you cannot do at the moment is backup your ratings and times played. That is why i have added functionality to my app New Playlist Manager. You can export/reimport ratings and times played but also update mp3 ratings tags from the Poweramp database or update Poweramp ratings from your mp3 tags.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017. 10. 28. at 9:50 PM, TheoKlink said:

You can currently export your playlists as m3u8 files and export configuration settings with Poweramp.

Could you please tell me how to do these or point me to a link where it is explained? I really need this feature because I'll have to reinstall the app. Thanks!

To save your app configuration settings, use Poweramp Settings > Export Settings. Make a note of where it is saved (normally on internal device memory, in Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/last.poweramp-settings ). Copy this file to the same location on your new device and then use Poweramp Settings > Import Settings.

To export your internal playlists as M3U8 files, use Poweramp Settings > Folders and Library > Export Poweramp Playlists . This will create the files in the /Playlists/ folder in device memory, and they use absolute path references to locate each song file. This means you may need to batch-edit the path details in a text editor before the playlist files can be used on a new device which may potentially have a different path naming convention for your SD Card.

Andre

Archived