Reverse listing of date added

ksc

Hallo,

TL:DR; reverse sorting of albums when using reverse listing does not sort properly.

I'm a big fan of listing/sorting albums based on the date the album was add to Poweramp. This works fine with these settings:

Zrynle7v9RAdhemX.jpg

The list is sorted without reverse, which means that newly added albums will be listed at the bottom. However, I would like to reverse this, so that the newly added albums are on top of the list. But this does not work. Here is what it looks like when the sorting is set to reverse:

Bottom of list:

Txwwaku1UdVzvsuS.jpg

Top of list:

1Fb3dhL7C3ZlTXZF.jpg

As you can see, it seems quite random as to how Poweramp sorts in reverse. I would expect it to just reverse the listing, but that does not happen.

I think this bug is in v2 as well.

P.s., want to dump this thread:

Please respond to this request. This should be a simple fix, and it has been requested for 6 years now. Developer does not seem to have any answer to this very simple question.

Reverse order can cause issues as a lot of older items will have been added together (when they were all initially scanned into PA) so hundreds of items might have the same date. It's only the newer added items near the end of the list that will be sorted meaningfully. Personally I use file/folder timestamp listing, which may work better for you as you may find not so many items will have the same date.

Andre

On 20/10/2017 at 10:10 AM, andrewilley said:

Reverse order can cause issues as a lot of older items will have been added together (when they were all initially scanned into PA) so hundreds of items might have the same date. It's only the newer added items near the end of the list that will be sorted meaningfully. Personally I use file/folder timestamp listing, which may work better for you as you may find not so many items will have the same date.

Andre

Thanks Andre.

Still, how does it work in the non-reverse sorting? That is what confuses me. I understand your point, but why does it only happen when the list is reverse? I take that PA uses the same tag/file information when it does the reverse listing?

Also, do you have ANY info on the whole multiple genre things? It is getting on my nerves that there is one responds to this simple request.

Archived