Help My Power Amp is gone!

my my touch 4g locked up last night so I restarted it (I bought the Power amp app 2 weeks ago after loving the trail version) I had ovr 300 plus songs on there! after the phone restart the icon on the front of my phone was gone! I can't find it in my apps! help what do I do? I don't want to lose all those songs or Power amp..when I go into manage applications I see the full version of Power amp still in there but has no options to let me open it in there etc only options are to force close or uninstall...what do I do? I spent so long finding and downloading all them songs? thanks xoxo Darlene

yes all I see on my phone is the full version trial version is gone

so I guessed I am going to have to uninstall and purchase it again, I did that and half of my songs are still gone?

is their anykind of good backup apps for our phones? (Android) thank you xoox Darlene

Sorry, it's quite hard to guess why your songs are gone. Have you checked they actually exist on sd card? (with some file manager or when connected as usb disk drive).

Generally it can be:

- system media scanner has not scanned these files yet - they will appear in library when scanner is done

- there is .nomedia file(s) in these music folders - this prevents library from showing the files

- the root music folders haven't been added/checked in PowerAMP Settings => Music Folders

Thanks!

I checked last night and only half were there

not sure how to do the non media files?

so give me more details step by step on last option(sorry new android person here)

the root folder thingy? I would appreciate your help so much ..thanks xox Darlene

Try downloading ASTRO File Manager from Android Market, then do a search for 'mp3' (assuming that the missing files are mp3s) using the search button (the magnifying glass at the top).

If the songs are still on the phone or SD card, they should be listed.

pxh

Sorry, where exactly do you miss these songs? They will be in PowerAMP Folders if their root folders are properly checked in PowerAMP Settings => Music Folders.

Library is another story, as Android library (API which is available for 3rd party apps) supports songs only the "default storage", i.e. if your phone has 2 storages (some built-in memory and sd card), one of them won't be supported by Library.

Thanks!

Archived