Help!!!!! Album art filling up my internal memory

Nasquest7

Whats up people's? I searched hi and low but could find no answer to this question.  Hopefully someone here can help. Has anyone had the problem of power amp saving album art to internal memory rather than to SD card? I have an Htc desire eye, rooted and running cypherOs room on Android version 7.1.2. Poweramp alpha build 703.  I have been having this problem for a min.  Before I know it, my internal memory is full with album art.  I tried manually transfering the images to the default folder location on the SD card, (Android/data/com.max... yadi yada) but none of the album art shows up! Its like it can't see the folder. So i move them back and it works fine again. I Even uninstalled removed all ascociated Pwr Amp files, cleared cashe and reinstalled. Same thing. I did notice that power amp is creating a album art file on both the internal and external drives but is only saving to internal.  I literally tried everything I know. Im sure it has nothing to do with the root because power amp did the same thing on the stock room.  Idk! I'm pretty sure there is no option to change storage location in the player so what am doing wrong? BTW besides for my little issue, overall this player is the wickedest! I have the paid version and live it. When I couldn't get it to act right,  I tried every other player in the play store. But.... Power amp is King! hands down! Hope you can help! Thanks?

Yes, Poweramp uses internal device storage for caching downloaded album art, it does not use the SD Card for this task. You can clear the downloaded cache if you find its using too much space, but then you'll have to rely on embedded artwork rather than seeing downloaded images (embedded is generally the better way to do artwork anyway, a bit less hit-and-miss).

Andre

Ok. Thanks for taking the time to explain the process.  I was under the impression that album art was downloaded and saved to the SD card. Thanks for the clarification. Guess I'll get an album art grabber and embed it into the track. No problem. That works!

Archived