Critical Feature - "Listen To" Google Voice Support!

Thalinor

I am not talking about a button that is built into the app itself, but using the voice search on your phone (that is used for nav, internet searches, voice dial, etc) by saying "Listen to..." and then speaking the Album, Title, etc. There is some piece of code needed in the player app for Googles voice search to recognize. I am sure somewhere on the android dev forums is how to add this feature.

As of now there are only 5 different players (Pand, Slkr, mSpot, Rdio, and one other) that work with Google's voice search; in fact even the default music player written by google will not come up as an option (as of yet). On their home page Google lists the five software players the do work with this feature.

Not only will adding this feature be amazing, but it will get your software on a very short list of android music players Google has listed on their site! IMO if you can bang out an update for your player quickly, you will benefit from the free advertising on Googles webpage, which I am sure you realize would be quite beneficial when your app goes paid.

+1 for the idea but I can't say it is a critical feature. It's more of a convenience feature and a nice to have. I would suspect that all paid music players will eventually have this functionality so the question becomes a matter of development prioritization and timing.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the request, yes http://power-amp.info/forum/viewtopic.p ... 5&p=15#p15 still stands.

Voice search will be possible for PowerAMP v2.0 with custom library, as folders are file based and voice search has no point over them.

Also, for me google voice search doesn't work in mSpot, and I can't find slkr or rdio apps on market - do you have any other references to voice search implementation in music apps on android?

• 2 months later...

I would like to add to the request for voice actions. I can say play music by an artist and Winamp pops up with a playlist of all the music on my HTC who by that artist. It would be great if I had that in Poweramp which is my player of choice.

• 2 years later...

Archived