Loss of all playlist and rated song (V3 Build 703)

SpannerWZ

I happened 4 times now, it occurred randomly and because this i loose playlist with hundreds of songs, and also loosed all rating in my 3000+ songs so its really annoying

I notice that this happened one time after an app crash and app freeze, today happened when playing all the song from one artist in a row, between 2 albums the player send me to the first song of all the song that i have and started playing all songs

Screenshot_2017-08-12-04-46-53.png

Screenshot_2017-08-12-04-46-44.png

The most common cause of losing playlists/ratings/etc is the SD Card becoming briefly unmounted for some reason (not necessarily physically removed, although that would be the worst case scenario). What happens then is that Poweramp scans the system and notices that there are no longer any songs songs present, so it removes all the now 'deleted' tracks from its database. This will also remove anything that points to those files, such as playlists, ratings, most-played counts, etc. Then, once the card is detected again, the scanner finds a whole load of 'new' songs and imports them - but the problem is that these are now new items as far as Poweramp is concerned (as it no longer has any knowledge in its database of the old ones) and there are no playlists/etc to match them.

As an interim measure, do you have any backup utilities (I use Titanium Backup) that can backup and restore the Poweramp database if it gets corrupted? You can also Export any internally-created playlists to .M3U(8) files, so if it happens again you can just use the file copies (these will still work as they contain hard copies of the filenames, so soon as the songs reappear the lists will be populated again).

Andre

Archived