Question regarding playlist

mattlines

Hi all. Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this. 

Currently when I long press a song while it's playing, "album", "artist", and "folder"  pops up after a second. Is there a way to get "add to playlist" to pop up in this menu as well instead of having to hit the menu button in the top right first? 

Also, is there a way to press next/previous song while in a menu?  Being able to switch tracks while browsing the menu would be a godsend. 

Cheers! 

'Add to Playlist' is available as a menu option along with other assorted actions related to the current song such as Delete/etc. However the function of long-pressing on the current-playback-mode icon is more specific and is only meant to change the current playback mode (so for example if you are listening to a compilation album, you can switch to Artists mode to hear more from the currently playing artist). Personally I wish there was a way to switch modes completely seamlessly, i.e. without having to 're-launch' the current song in the new mode but simply change the mode mid-flow.

Next/Prev is available at any time, even while you have got a Menu or any other screen open, as long as you have a physical button available - for example, if you assign one of your hardware keys to perform the next/prev function, such as the volume keys, or a button press on your headset cable, or on a bluetooth device.

Andre

Thanks for the response! 

It would really be neat if there was a next/previous and play/pause button right on the ui while browsing through menus. There sure is enough room for it. The only buttons I have available are my volume buttons and I sure wouldn't want to change tracks every time I adjust my volume! 

Ah, I assume you don't mean actually menus then (i.e. the short drop-down list of commands from pressing the Menu button or icon) but perhaps library lists, or Settings screens, etc? If so, then you can use the Poweramp notification pulldown to control playback without having to exit back to the main Player screen.

Andre

Archived