Clear database

Vimtoman

Is there a way to clear database without it checking every folder/partition?

I have selected a particular folder on an SD card but using the clear database etc it still checks all the others.

I would like Poweramo to clear all and scan a set folder.

Thanks

internal_sd
external_sd1
external_sd2

I have 
mnt/internal_sd
mnt/external_sd1/Music
mnt/external_sd2/Audio books

I imported the Audio books folder but now have an App for the books so decided to remove the books from Poweramp.

Just does not remove them now when I do a Full Rescan.

I'm guessing the full folders /library search includes every location and is ignoring the selected.

Or selected has not cleared the original scanned setting?

No, full rescan should only include items ticked in MusicFolders. You could try temporarily renaming the Audio books folder, then doing a Full Scan in PA and see if it picks up the new folder (it shouldn't).

Otherwise, next step would be to clear app data for Poweramp, but as that will clear the folder settings it might have started a new scan before you can manage to change the setting again. Don't forget to Export your other settings and any in-memory Playlists before clearing the data if you have anything you don't want to lose.

Andre

I've renamed it Audio books2 and it still tags the files in that folder in Full Rescan.

I've cleared the app data and it still adds the folder.

I think this has too many options for scanning library.... they must be conflicting.

Auto-find music folders

Folders/library scanner ... unticked Auto-scan

music folders..... set to mnt/external_sd1/Music

Full rescan

Still adds folder tags from new mnt/external_sd2/Audio books2

I think this is a bug....

OK, try removing the second external SD Card from the device and do a Full Rescan, which must lose the items you don't want. Make sure auto scanning is turned off and re-insert the card, and check that the root and all contents of that second SD Card are still unselected in the Music Folders list. Then try a Rescan (not full at this point) and see what happens. Seems very odd though.

Andre

Someone else mentioned issues with a Fiio x5 in another thread, but related to requesting high-res audio support. There could be wider issues - certainly two SD Cards is not a common feature at all in Android devices, and I understand that it uses a fairly heavily modified version of Android 5 too. Glad it's working for you now anyway. Have you put the second card back in now, and is it still scanning the correct locations OK?

Andre

Archived