Hi Res output failing in Nougat

pavankona

Hi

Observed the following issues on Nougat.

1. Alpha build 703 downloaded from playstore does not have Experimental Hi Res Output option in Nougat. I am using Mi Max with Snapdragon 24 bit PCM. When the device was on Marshmallow I could use the Hi Res Output option with the alpha version downloaded from playstore. Recently the device is updated to Nougat, after which the Hi Res Output option disappeared. Same is the case with my LG G6 (comes with Nougat). When I downloaded the alpha build from Playstore, I could not see the Hi Res output option.

2. Alpha build 704, downloaded from Poweramp site. The Hi Res output option shows up on Nougat with this build. But with the headphone connected, if I try to enable the Hi Res output option error message shows up that Hi Res output failed and default output is active. Tried with tweaking the Poweramp, device security and device audio settings. But no luck.

Please let me know if anyone else is also facing the same issue and is this issue particular to Nougat.

Thanks,

Pavan Kona

40 minutes ago, pavankona said:

Please let me know if anyone else is also facing the same issue and is this issue particular to Nougat.

There is a reason this feature is labelled as Experimental within an ALPHA test release. When the next beta is released is should hopefully be compatible with many of the more recently released devices, in the meantime either leave High-Res turned off, or if you have wider issues please revert to the stable release build (589).

Make sure you have logged your device details and test results in the High-Res Requests thread please. Thanks.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

I have an LG V10 which worked great at high sample rates in Marshmallow.

Just upgraded to Nougat and now even with the OpenSL ES Output active I am only getting 16-bit 48khz.

I actually noticed the difference in sound which prompted me to investigate what changed.  

23 minutes ago, Crow said:

Installed 704 but when I select "HiRes Output (Experimental)" it see the message "Failed: Poweramp Hi-Res Exp Output Using default output"

Oh well, worth a try. You'll probably need to wait for the next beta release then, or roll back to Marshmallow if the experimental high-res output is important to you.

Andre

23 minutes ago, Crow said:

Installed 704 but when I select "HiRes Output (Experimental)" it see the message "Failed: Poweramp Hi-Res Exp Output Using default output"

Oh well, worth a try. You'll probably need to wait for the next beta release then, or roll back to Marshmallow if the experimental high-res output is important to you.

Andre

1 hour ago, Crow said:

I would love to roll back to Marshmallow but I didn't think that was possible?

It's always possible, but you'd probably need to do a clean install and re-install your apps. Easier if you are rooted too. But beyond the scope of these forums, I suggest you pop over to www.xda-developers.com and find their LG V10 forums and see what other people do.

Andre

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am using G5 in Nougat Android version.

After I downloaded 704 version in this website, the Hi Res output mode was recovered.

The failure however playing in Hi-Res output mode is occurring. 

I hope the bug fix version update in near future :(...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived