Bluetooth Headphone Pause/Restart Problem

hc-1540

Hi,

Wonder if someone can help me with a potential bug...

I'm using a set of Motorola S9 bluetooth headphones and after they've connected they work fine with the headset buttons working as they should (volume, next track etc.) However, when I use the pause button on the headphones I can't get the music to restart again using the headphones. As a workaround I can restart playback by using my phone but this isn't ideal.

I've tried to replicate using the stock Android music player but all buttons seem to work fine so it looks like the problem may be in Poweramp.

I've tried re-installing Poweramp and re-pairing the headphones but neither resolved the problem.

My setup:

ZTE Blade

Cyanogen Mod 7 2.3 (RC3)

Thanks for your help

Hi,

sorry, but there is no issues with PowerAMP + bt headsets alone like this on most tested device. Still, other apps (and custom ROMs) can produce such effects. The 90% of cases it's some other app which supports only android 2.1 (1+year old api) headset api, thus it intercepts all headset events - such known apps are WinAmp, MortPlayer, and some few other apps (music players). You may need to disable headset support and/or temporarily uninstall them to fix the issue.

Of course it will be just bt stack failure on your device rom, but I'm assuming it's ok (i.e. Media checkbox is checked in bt settings for the headset, etc.).

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue with my Motoroala Xoom and a Samsung SB170. I can long press the play button to pause but I havent found a way to resume play. Is there any way to test if another program is interfering with the BT functions?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if the problem being discussed here is the same as what I'm experiencing or not, but thought I'd toss this in to the convo, in case it might help. I've been using Poweramp for a long time now and I've used it with 3 different phones (Captivate, Atrix, and now a Nexus S). One of my primary uses for my phone and Poweramp is to have it pair with my car's head unit (Kenwood KDC-X994) via BT and then stream my music to the head unit. Poweramp has worked very well in this regard, but I've noticed a minor problem with this functionality after getting my new Nexus S: when I'm playing music on my phone this way and then press the "Pause" button on my head unit, the music pauses just fine. However, when I press the "Pause" button on my head unit again, to resume music playback, it won't resume. I have to press the "Pause" button twice to get playback to resume.

Not a major problem obviously, but thought I'd go ahead and mention it here because I was wondering if any of the other posters in this thread have tried hitting your "Play" or "Pause" button two times in a row to see if that will resume your music playback for you?

Also, I tried another music app called "PlayerPro" on my Nexus S in the above scenario and it does not have this problem, so it seems to be something regarding Poweramp in this specific scenario.

Archived