Remove played song from the playlist

heula

I'm still using Winamp as a music player on my PC and what I love about Winamp is the option to remove played songs from the playlist and save that state when it's closed.

This way I never hear the same song twice.

I use Poweramp on my S7 for a couple of days now and that option I could not found and miss that already.

Is it possible to add that option to Poweramp?

This way I can switch between playlists and only hear the songs that are not played yet.

Thanks

The queue ignores played items (although you can scroll back through them) but playlists don't auto-modify themselves, although you can do so manually of course. What you really need is a bookmark facility for playlists (and other playback modes) to remember where you go to, which has been a long-requests feature I'm afraid.

Andre

• 3 weeks later...
On 16-6-2017 at 1:00 PM, andrewilley said:

The queue ignores played items (although you can scroll back through them) but playlists don't auto-modify themselves, although you can do so manually of course. What you really need is a bookmark facility for playlists (and other playback modes) to remember where you go to, which has been a long-requests feature I'm afraid.

Andre

Okay thanks. So if I understand correctly each song in the playlist is played only once until all songs in the playlist have been played?

On 7-7-2017 at 6:48 PM, andrewilley said:

Yes, a playlist will be played in order from start to finish if you leave it playing.

Andre

Does this also continue when switching from playlist and back?

35 minutes ago, heula said:

Does this also continue when switching from playlist and back?

No, stopping playback and restarting (rather than just pausing the current playback) will start from the beginning of the playlist, or whichever track you choose. If Shuffle is enabled it will reshuffle the order again.

Andre

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I would really like the option in the OP - remove tracks from the playlist automatically after that have played. I regularly switch back and forth between playlists, and although a bookmark option would be better than what we have now, having played tracks auto-remove would fit in better with how I use playlists...

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2017 at 10:22 AM, Rabangus said:

Yeah, I would really like the option in the OP - remove tracks from the playlist automatically after that have played. I regularly switch back and forth between playlists, and although a bookmark option would be better than what we have now, having played tracks auto-remove would fit in better with how I use playlists...

Here's how i achieve what you're asking for, because i also asked the same thing.

• build a playlist.
  • sort the playlist with the first sort option: Shuffle (Random sort)
  • play the playlist serially.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/10/2017 at 1:17 AM, PsychoEddie said:

Here's how i achieve what you're asking for, because i also asked the same thing.

• build a playlist.

Sorry - just seen your reply. Even if we ignore the fact that your solution would mess things up if I had added whole albums to the playlist, how does that achieve what I was asking for? It still wouldn't remove tracks from the playlist once they had been played.

• 6 months later...
On 10/20/2017 at 8:17 PM, PsychoEddie said:

• build a playlist.

This is a brilliant idea!! Thanks!

Archived