Mupf

Mixed artist albums

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask. The only two similar questions I could find were from ~2011 without solution, so I thought I'd ask again.

I own an album that has a different artist for each song. Is there a way to let it display unter "Various Artists"->"Album yx"? Right now it is "Artist1->Album xy", "Artist2"->"Album xy" etc. with each of these album entries only containing the one song from artist x. I don't really want to use folder view and I would also like to keep the artist information in the mp3 tag correct. (As a workaround, I could retag all songs to be from "Various Artists", but I it's a huge compilation album and I want keep artist tags intact.)

I am using the latest Poweramp beta version with Android 6 on a Moto E2 LTE.

Thanks for you help!

Mupf

I opted into the test version via the in app option. Seems like this is indeed alpha, not beta. It says "alpha-build-703-play"

I have tried setting the Album Artist tag in every song to "various", but it still displays as before. Do I have to change anything in the settings?

Mupf

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Are you using the Album Artists library mode?

It works, I didn't know this was a thing! Thank you very much for your time and help!