I'd like to have an RSS feed for PowerAMP news

I have a feature request for Poweramp but it's related to the way the developer communicates with its customers and not directly to the app itself.

I live in .RO so there is no Android Market for me; probably because people at Google are not very bright, to put it mildly. The bottom line is that I don't get* automated notifications on my phone when a new version of Poweramp is published.

For people in my position, it would be very helpful if Poweramp's supporting website would provide an RSS feed for news. In this way I can include it in my RSS reader and keep up to date with information about new versions being published as well as other types of news.

P.S: * I don't know for sure that the Poweramp version sold outside Android Market doesn't already have some mechanism that detects new versions being published. Even if it does, putting an RSS feed on top of Poweramp's website news section seems to me like a good idea that is not very hard to implement.

Thanks for the request.

Actually, you should have at least free-apps Market? If so, PowerAMP should be recognized by your market app just right (the updates come via free Trial app - it's the main app, not via paid unlocker app).

I wasn't aware that the I can upgrade Poweramp through Android Market while it was installed and made a full version with a license coming outside of Android Market. I can confirm it works.

The "notify me when there is a new version" part of my request is solved. However, I think an RSS feed for news would cover a larger need.

Archived