Loading my files

waxwepa

I am new to Poweramp which i bought last year (v2) because I had read so many favourable comments. Last year I tried to scan my music folder (spotify) but it did not work: in my 40 GB of music files it found only 5 or 6 files and randomly played one or two, then it would stop. So when I saw there was a v3 alpha to test I jumped on the occasion. This time it found 269 songs, but it only plays 16 of them. It does it so well that I want to understand how I am supposed to find legitimate content for the app. I pay for my music (10 $ a month) and I would like to make Poweramp my main music app, but I want the whole experience (album art, lyrics etc). Can anyone orient me in the right direction ?

Is your Spotify content fully downloaded to your device, as non-DRM MP3 files? Poweramp cannot play music directly from the cloud, it can only scan and play only non-encrypted files on the local device.

Also, I assume your local music storage folders are enabled (ticked) for scanning in Poweramp Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders ?

Andre

Yes, my folders were ticked and are local (on the SD card) and Poweramp's scanner did find 269 of them (there are a lot more). That's what I can't figure out. Why does it not find more and why does it skip (it's giving me a "too many files skipped" error msg).

Usually that means either the files or the SD Card are corrupt or not readable for some reason. So these are regular, not copy-protected, MP3 files, all properly tagged, etc, yes? What happens if you try copying a few of them into a different location on internal device memory rather that external memory, do they scan then? If so, you could try copying everything off your card, reformat it on a PC, and then copy the contents back again. 

Andre

After some experimenting it turns out that Poweramp sees my Spotify files as "number.mp3". If the number is more than 3 digits long, Poweramp skips it, otherwise it plays it wonderfully well. I have been able to build a playlist of 71 songs that play with a quality so impressive that I know I will want that level for ever. I don't want to spend ages hacking the spotify stuff to get it to work in Poweramp !! My question now is simply to know where to buy content to rebuild my collection in a Poweramp-friendly format. If anyone has info for me, I will be very happy. By the way I have been using v3 alpha quite a lot these past few days and it seems rock-solid. No crashes or freezes, everything seems to work as advertized. Now that I have 71 songs to play with, I'll be able to do some testing ?.

Does your Spotify download content include ID3 tags within the music files (Title, Artist, Album, etc) even though the filenames are merely numeric. If so, you could use a simple batch editor on a PC to rename the lot in one go. Google Music does much the same, it uses numeric filenames and does not embed any tag data, which makes them a pain to use in other apps.

Andre

Archived