Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...after 2yrs of "working on it". The dev is now like...o. Sorry. Oreo messed up a lot of things. Now it needs much more work. 

U do know that Oreo has been out publicly for 5 months now. (8 months  if u include 1st dev preview.)

It is also true that 8.1, things got even more different in the OS.

Suffice to say....there will be no update anytime soon. Then P will come out, and we start this same process over again. Not to mention the fact that Google now requires that ANY new app or updates must be done using the API for 8.0 or higher. 

This repetitive process is of no surprise to me. Its only one person who is only working on this app in their free time. Even the most skilled dev needs the time to do thier work. And it seems that this dev, lacks the good skills needed to do the job regardless of time given. (I have a college buddy who spent only just 2 hrs each Sunday of the week making a multi-level mobile game from stractch. It took him just 3 months to complete and publish.) For P.A., Its been over 2yrs since any usable public update has been given. That is far longer than what most would consider to be "an abandoned app".

P.A. as it stands, still works if u teak the output settings right. It still sounds the best to most users. The V3 Alpha UI looks great to me. Black. the way it should be for an OLED phone. Sure it has some quirks...but I'll still use it until its fully broken. As i have tried all the other "alternatives" and I either don't like them, they do not sound as good as P.A, or I have issues with them. Others are free to use whatever they want. But just accept the fact that a usable update to P.A. is never gonna happen.

42 minutes ago, speedingcheetah said:

So...after 2yrs of "working on it". The dev is now like...o. Sorry. Oreo messed up a lot of things. Now it needs much more work. 

U do know that Oreo has been out publicly for 5 months now. (8 months  if u include 1st dev preview.)

It is also true that 8.1, things got even more different in the OS.

Suffice to say....there will be no update anytime soon. Then P will come out, and we start this same process over again. Not to mention the fact that Google now requires that ANY new app or updates must be done using the API for 8.0 or higher. 

This repetitive process is of no surprise to me. Its only one person who is only working on this app in their free time. Even the most skilled dev needs the time to do thier work. And it seems that this dev, lacks the good skills needed to do the job regardless of time given. (I have a college buddy who spent only just 2 hrs each Sunday of the week making a multi-level mobile game from stractch. It took him just 3 months to complete and publish.) For P.A., Its been over 2yrs since any usable public update has been given. That is far longer than what most would consider to be "an abandoned app".

P.A. as it stands, still works if u teak the output settings right. It still sounds the best to most users. The V3 Alpha UI looks great to me. Black. the way it should be for an OLED phone. Sure it has some quirks...but I'll still use it until its fully broken. As i have tried all the other "alternatives" and I either don't like them, they do not sound as good as P.A, or I have issues with them. Others are free to use whatever they want. But just accept the fact that a usable update to P.A. is never gonna happen.

Installing viper or ther sound mods on stock ROM in 2018 is like a pain in the a**  & custom ROM sucks too in many ways Poweramp is the only alternative for non rooted users but after reading your comment I also feel the same way 

Sad but true?

beta v3 is cool.. only complaint i see is that he's done what most music players do and seperate the artist from a single album/folder into its own seperate entity... to further explain, one album with 50 different artist all under the same genre,instead of me just being able to click on that album ( i usually go genre >> album) now i see every single artist in that album seperated into 50 different choices under said genre,super annoying and was the one thing i loved bout this app that it didnt seperate everything like every other basic music player does... hopefully this is fixed in the final version..

start with non custom roms and stay stock non rooted which is the majority, because we with standard bootloaders and locked should be first. we shouldn't be waiting for all variants compliance 

7.1.1 to 8.0 first stability all others wait

2 hours ago, Random.Potato said:

Max pelase relese teh PowreAmt befor is it too late! Befoer the World Wor 3 begen! Halp! :ph34r:

He's probably having a swig of white russian trying to figure out what to do next??

4 hours ago, Icarus said:

start with non custom roms and stay stock non rooted which is the majority, because we with standard bootloaders and locked should be first. we shouldn't be waiting for all variants compliance 

7.1.1 to 8.0 first stability all others wait

No.

I really hope the update does release this month. I never talk in the forums but regularly get on here to see about updates. I've been using Poweramp for a long time because it's one of the best music players I've ever used. Tried many music players in the app store because I wanted an updated look but came right back to Poweramp. I know there has been a lot of complaining about delays but that goes to show just how great of an app it is. Anyway thanks for the incredible app, Max. I hope it's released soon. 

1 hour ago, Stevieex23 said:

Last Poweramp update was April 16th, maybe Max will release it today to memorialize working on the project for the two full years? Hope that's what happens !

he hired by SpaceX elon musk now. thats why he cant finished the PA until now. ?

12 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

Maybe we should ask Google not to publish a new Android every year.

As soon as Max wants to release a working beta, Google comes up with a new Android and Max has to start all over again.

That's not fair?

Haahahaha.!? That might help

5 hours ago, TechboManiac98 said:

Calm down everybody! April hasn't ended yet, the world isn't ending. Can't you guys just patently wait for once? Crying every single day for a release? You'll get the beta when it's ready whenever that is. Till then sit and wait patiently like everybody else.

For once? After 2 years with non met dev issued deadlines you have the nerve to say "for once". In my case I'm not waiting for it simply because I don't believe dev's deadlines anymore. But I can clearly understand the tension of some, specially now that the stable version is not even running properly on new devices. 

3 hours ago, TechboManiac98 said:

Calm the fuck down everybody! April hasn't ended yet, the world isn't ending. Can't you guys just patently wait for once? Crying every single day for a release? You'll get the beta when it's ready whenever that is. Till then sit on your ass and wait patiently like everybody else.

It will release in december 2018..lol

6 hours ago, Noobie said:

Omg its 16th of April already, where is the Poweramp v3 beta ???

16th April, that's... erm, well only half-way through the month.

Enough with the ETA requests and expletive-ridden tantrums folks! We've all (well, mostly) been around here long enough to know not to hold our breaths waiting for releases, but to enjoy it when something finally arrives.

Andre

Archived