Poweramp
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

8 hours ago, TimvH said:

It's funny how a lot of people ask to get included in the closed beta as their first post while it will be available to everyone on the forum.

@andrewilleyMaybe you should put that in the OP in bold letters in the hope of people actually reading it.

Even if the beta would not be available for everyone in here it does not make any sense to ask right now and right here to get into it, as such details would be (if it would be needed) announced early enough if it is needed....especially as everyone should now that it probably would not be seen as max browses the forum not that often (based on the postings of him in here) as they may think.

@ Other topic.

Hope that the beta will support proper Hi Res playback over Bluetooth too..(yes, i have bt headphones which have hires support)

Most people that I'm aware of running Xiaomi devices and MIUI with android 7 based rom are having issues with Hi-res. Will there be any fix for these roms down the line? (No rush obviously).

Thought I should also mention when running Epic Rom (MIUI 9 android 7) on my Xiaomi Redmi note 3 pro, the Hi-res failed to work. However I was able to partially get it to work by adjusting the build.prop by following this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-4c/general/enabling-hi-res-playback-nougat-roms-t3666792. I was only able to enable 16bit at 192Khz, not 24/192.

Thanks

side note: ( thanks utahman1971, seems I missed that. )

5 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

Andre has said multiple times now, that people on the forums would be able to download the beta via forums, but we still get people saying otherwise. What is so hard for people to understand? Why should he have to keep saying it? Anyways, you should all just chill out and wait. I mean there is an update from Max, and people are coming in here saying different things than what Andre says. If Andre says it will be available to forum users, then it will be available to forum users, not just picked out people.

Yeah so stop ranting about custom roms and which device you guys rock ?

3 hours ago, Ameya28 said:

Yeah so stop ranting about custom roms and which device you guys rock ?

I don't mean to be "ranting", I think of it more of reporting an error and asking if it will be fixed or not (Don't see anything wrong with that). And MIUI is used by a LOT of people and I use it as my main OS (and I don't plan on switching), so I would hope that there may be a fix in the future.

Hello Developers, 

I am very excited to see upcoming version of Poweramp.

But After watching multiple times demo video of latest unreleased  Poweramp, I am very disappointed about the visualization setting option, there is no "keep controls"  setting option. 

Currently I am using the same setting in present Poweramp. As shown in the screen shot below,  visualization  playing  in place of Album art and also control does not fade. 

Please fix it before its release. 

Thanks 

Screenshot_20180329-005313.png

19 hours ago, andrewilley said:

So do we all

Andre

Everyone's waiting for the beta, but I'm just waiting for Max to say April fool's on the 1st?

2 hours ago, Sachin Godara said:

Come on max the weeknd bout to drop his new album tonight and we still don't have Poweramp v3? Lmao

I didn't even knew that the weknd is releasing a new album, thanks for the news, I hope a flac version will be available too

1 hour ago, Mohax said:

it may be middle april or 30 and in 31 april 2019

I was leaning towards April 31st 2020

2 hours ago, SwiperRat said:

I was leaning towards April 31st 2020

I hope its not the first day of the month ?

As everyone, i can't wait for the next update, this is the best player i've found on play store, for sure it was worth every penny :D 

Thanks devs for bringing this to the world, every time i got a new phone, this is one of the very first applications i install, can't live without it :P

This progress is slow..too slow ... especially to the many persons who have paid for this app like myself. Two years and no development, I think we deserve better as I personally loved Poweramp over the years and  it has remained my favourite music player. However with nougat and oreo there are quite alot of bugs and I mean for 2018 we want something that looks more modern, more material, more functional etc.

55 minutes ago, ChaundB said:

This progress is slow..too slow ... especially to the many persons who have paid for this app like myself. Two years and no development, I think we deserve better as I personally loved Poweramp over the years and  it has remained my favourite music player. However with nougat and oreo there are quite alot of bugs and I mean for 2018 we want something that looks more modern, more material, more functional etc.

what are you talking about Poweramp v2 and v3aplpha are fuctional and this is the most intuitive interface i ever used in a player, the only downside on using PA right now is lack for hi-res audio support on oreo, but is not that big of a deal for me, from my 1500+ music library only around 200 songs are 24bit or higher, maybe 500 or so of 16bit flacs and the rest are m4a or mp3 

4 minutes ago, ionutzpaul61 said:

what are you talking about Poweramp v2 and v3aplpha are fuctional and this is the most intuitive interface i ever used in a player, the only downside on using PA right now is lack for hi-res audio support on oreo, but is not that big of a deal for me, from my 1500+ music library only around 200 songs are 24bit or higher, maybe 500 or so of 16bit flacs and the rest are m4a or mp3 

Dude...... The point is the last update was 2 years ago Fullstop. I and many others have purchased this app and deserve more. Im on the latest and greatest and I should get all what I payed for OK. You have a beta thats over two years old ?...come on, 3 versions of android has been released since then. Player Pro is always ensuring their app is updated and their player is not as good as Poweramp but at least they give their users the support they need and deserve. For too long I see people on here having issues in Poweramp via the forum and not an update done since 2016. Unacceptable.

18 minutes ago, ChaundB said:

Dude...... The point is the last update was 2 years ago Fullstop. I and many others have purchased this app and deserve more. 

Dude, you don't 'deserve' more (you paid for Poweramp v588, anything else after that is a nice bonus). You expect more. And it will come, but there is only one owner/developer of Poweramp, and unfortunately it takes time - a lot more time than people would like.

Andre