Poweramp
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

16 hours ago, maxmp said:

Right, huge overdue, but that's due to the only one person working on the project (me) and the long list of things to finish, which sometimes becomes longer due to the additional polishing needed. Nevertheless, the only blocking issue is finalizing all the ui missing parts, like various list context menu actions, finishing converting the ui to a new animation framework I have now.

All the (application/data/audio) logic is there, it was there in Alpha, so it's the UI that takes so much time. Successfully, the animation framework I mentioned above is fully functional, works very well, and it provides functionality not seen on Android (though, existing forever on iOS).

It's a joke, Android had like 5 various animation frameworks over the Poweramp development cycle, and none of them are good enough (View animation, ObjectAnimator, Scene animation, Activity Shared Transitions, Support Dynamic Animation).

I plan to release closed-beta (fully functional, limiting some stuff like tablet support and skins) this April.

Sharing some of the development build screenshot/screencap here:

main1.jpg

main-item-menu.jpg

playing-vis.jpg

main-shuffle-menu.jpg

library.jpg

grid1.jpg

vol.jpg

reverb.jpg

selection.jpg

bottomsheet.jpg

I WANTS!!! I have been dying to use Poweramp! 

Wait how are closed beta users chosen based on the list of people already signed up on play store randomly or Max just chose them already and will receive it next month

3 minutes ago, Stevieex23 said:

Wait how are closed beta users chosen based on the list of people already signed up on play store randomly or Max just chose them already and will receive it next month

Either way if someone is not in the beta program i think it could be able to sideload the apk from somewhere else

Well the interface and animations look great.. i am worried by the fact that it is a. closed beta. I hope everyone in the forums gets to try the beta. Really a great take on material skin tbh. Cant wait for it

Looking forward to the update, I would love to be part of the beta test.

I can extensively test single file + cue albums, and I'm pretty good at finding bugs in software.

People, what happened to you !? I consider it generally dishonorable on the part of Maxim to do some other closed beta. This is an extreme disrespect for people. And there will be nothing.

5 hours ago, Ameya28 said:

i am worried by the fact that it is a. closed beta.

Not sure how closed it will be. Max could mean that it will be available to the users here, but not released yet to the Google Play testing channels.

Andre

4 minutes ago, devilinmynoodle said:

So what is a 'close beta" and how do I sign up for it?

Closed beta - for a certain circle of people. To get - in any way, if the developer did not decide to choose you.

Thanks for the status update Max and those animations are incredible, thanks for your hard work, looking forward to trying it out.

A big thanks also to André for his patience in dealing with the negativity of the forum.

Video is nice.

Who know on which device it were run ?

(Lets wait and see how it will look not on TOP devices)

14 minutes ago, 7OH said:

Video is nice.

Who know on which device it were run ?

(Lets wait and see how it will look not on TOP devices)

UI says that this is galaxy s8

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Not sure how closed it will be. Max could mean that it will be available to the users here, but not released yet to the Google Play testing channels.

Andre

I hope that's what he means. Closed beta means a selected bunch.

11 minutes ago, BROKEN said:

I hope that's what he means. Closed beta means a selected bunch.

Technically just the people in these forums would be considered a selected bunch

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

Yeah could be 

First time posting, last time lurking.

Max, you have done one heck of a job at changing the UI. For a developer to work by himself (making changes alongside the changing platform), it's hard to continue forward.

Poweramp's appearance reminds me of Android P's design; it's not my favorite, but I think the new features will blend well with the aesthetic. I only ask for a dark setting to be added in, however :D.

As long as there's evidence of progress, I'm happy with the app's status at this point. I know a lot of people have waited since the very beginning, but with this new beta, hopefully they may reconsider using Poweramp again.

-Clock

The video and v3 is great, I haven't tested beta but dear max, please add an 'option' to disable that zoom and unzoom animations while touching buttons, I would love to use "faster than light" experiance, I've disabled all animations in developer settings for moto g4 plus, It makes faster for the devices which don't have snapdragon 835, also add an 'option' to show next/previous songs change buttons because may be some people like me doesn't like much to rub/swipe fingers on screen more, touch buttons are good. I Appreciate your work. :)

7 hours ago, Martin Medrano said:

Can you upload custom visualizations to the current build 

Yes you can. They are milkdrop format, and any new files should be added to the /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/milk_presets/ folder .

Andre

Congrats Developers! ? Very appreciative work. I am also a great fan of new Poweramp. I humbly request you to also send me new beta updates. I am waiting impatiently.  ?

I would love to be included in the closed beta and try out the new Poweramp, can't wait :D
Thanks Max