Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just tried Neutron after all the obvious shilling going on here, and seriously, wtf is this clunky abomination? And you guys dare criticize PA for the interface? LOL!

Neutron has probably the worst interface I've ever seen on any music player ever, not only in terms of how utterly convoluted it is but how much of an eyesore it is as well. As for the sound, I can hear no difference between it and PA v2 on a pair of sennheiser hd599. PA is lighthyears ahead of the competition even on V2. V3 is going to make every  other music player on the market look like pathetic shovelware in comparison (even more so than it already does).

On 12/6/2017 at 1:18 PM, kradcliffe said:

Well after using Poweramp literally every day for nearly 7 years it's time to move on.

Such potential for development being stifled by an owner with absolutely no foresight.

Thanks to those who recommended USB Audio Player PRO .... it's not perfect but certainly a step up in some areas and more importantly is being actively developed.

Poweramp uninstalled on all my devices and link for the forum deleted. Thanks Max but too little too late. Such a shame.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out

I've been wondering how the developer is going to keep up with the platform changes over time.  It seems Android keeps going through major changes, and leaves room for more adjustments and optimizations.  Brings the question how development is going, and if it is getting closer to an official release, or struggling to keep up with all the platform changes in the process?

Just a thought I've been having for awhile.

16 hours ago, MRK17 said:

I just tried Neutron after all the obvious shilling going on here, and seriously, wtf is this clunky abomination? And you guys dare criticize PA for the interface? LOL!

Neutron has probably the worst interface I've ever seen on any music player ever, not only in terms of how utterly convoluted it is but how much of an eyesore it is as well. As for the sound, I can hear no difference between it and PA v2 on a pair of sennheiser hd599. PA is lighthyears ahead of the competition even on V2. V3 is going to make every  other music player on the market look like pathetic shovelware in comparison (even more so than it already does).

yea. i just gave Neutron a try. Horrible interface. reminds me of apps form Android 2.0.

As someone already said the notification becomes blank and unresponsive on 8.1. So an update to fix at least that would be awesome... 

Also could u guys stop discussing other players and topics here pls? I'm always hyped when I enter this thread because of so many new messages and I'm like "whoa, I bet the beta is here" just to find out that u all were discussing off topic shit here.

Screenshot_20171210-134334.png

16 hours ago, SwiperRat said:

Well it took Motorola over a year to push nougat to the moto x pure/style.... Which I didn't think I'd see the day.

Patience is all that's needed... Poweramp will show up one of these days

Not everyone has gotten it yet lol, so not really a good example to make, I had to use my old Sprint sim to get it to update my Moto X Pure, hope Poweramp cones out in the next week or so

On 12/10/2017 at 0:25 PM, Stevieex23 said:

Not everyone has gotten it yet lol, so not really a good example to make, I had to use my old Sprint sim to get it to update my Moto X Pure, hope Poweramp cones out in the next week or so

Yeah I know how that's going with Motorola.. lenovo fires all the Motorola devs and you see what the consumer ends up with....

I flashed the nougat firmware through fastboot mode, didn't have a Sprint sim card... And I also was tired of waiting lol.....

On 10/12/2017 at 11:55 PM, Stevieex23 said:

Christmas is 13 days away hope we get it by then?

44 minutes ago, Mübaşir Mehmet Ali said:

Which is your device?

The decoder timeout error usually comes if the only track in a list is played once and when the file is missing

It happens to me too sometimes at the middle of the song, sometimes after 2-3 seconds after i press play,it is really annoying. The device is Huawei P8

20 hours ago, Ameya28 said:

Christmas is 13 days away hope we get it by then?

*returns to the forum for the first time in months* - wait - it's STILL not out? Oh man. I'm somewhat unsurprised at that knowledge.

I've done the drastic thing of actually returning to an iPod ( tho that was more frustration with my ongoing iSyncr vs iTunes battle ).

4 hours ago, Oleh said:

I would be happy if at least bluetooth headphone controls were fixed on android oreo....

There will be some Oreo fixes in the next (beta) release of PA v3. There won't be anything done with v2 builds though, as that is now to be considered a legacy product for Android 4.4 and below only.

Andre

Archived