Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

9 hours ago, Quade13 said:

Neutron is currently the only foolproof option for OP3 to avoid resampling, granting you access to various outputs, while PA lacks any hires option (even if you manage to turn it on, the actual readings indicate it does nothing). There are workarounds, but PA is persistent and known to resample up/down to the system's 16/48, which is deteriorating for any quality music listener. 

Usb audio player sounds better to me than power amp. The interface not grate, but better than neutron. I am surprised that nobody is mentioning usb audio player. Like power amp supports different types of files including dsf and dff dsd files. Great balanced audio on it... 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, dragolds said:

Usb audio player sounds better to me than power amp. The interface not grate, but better than neutron. I am surprised that nobody is mentioning usb audio player. Like power amp supports different types of files including dsf and dff dsd files. Great balanced audio on it... 

Uapp is fine, although there are folks with log dumps ranting the app downsamples anything higher than 96khz.

Greetings my dear fellow Poweramp fans. So I've updated my oneplus 3t to android 8.0 and the controls seems to stop working only in Poweramp(play/pause/next/previous), accept the volume control it works fine. Did try the google play music just in case (I have the sony mdr 100abn - bluetooth, didn't try with the cable). Also I did turn on the LDAC in dev options, but every time it automaticly switches to aptX, though there is no aptX in the option (just curious). Just droping some info in to the internet (^-^). And still waiting for the update :unsure:

Max and Andrew, I will patiently wait for the next version. There is currently NO BETTER Music Player for the Audio Purists out there...and I gladly paid for this app. Naysayers, If you think Google Play Music app is better, just go into the EQ and tweak it...yep, I'll sit and wait for anyone to try it and say it works like an EQ should and honestly is better than Poweramp....cause it's not.

While I'm hopeful that Poweramp will integrate Google Play Music into the next version, if not, then I will continue to store my music on the SD Card of my Note 8 and enjoy it through Poweramp. If Poweramp never added one more feature to it, I would be satisfied with the version 2.0 I have now...it IS THAT GOOD.

Thanks again guys for the great work that is already done...no pressure from me, I'm a fan!

-Glenn

Dallas, TX

46 minutes ago, Stevieex23 said:

And does anyone know if I can add Poweramp to my default music player with Google assistant, or if Max will add the feature in Version 3.0? It would be a nice feature to just say play a song and then it plays through Poweramp instead of Google music player

Set it to system's default player in the Apps. 

12 hours ago, Quade13 said:

Set it to system's default player in the Apps. 

Yeah tried that, it doesn't work, I'm on 7.0 rn, I know it might work on older phones, but if I ask Google assistant to "play music" I can't choose Poweramp as my default either, I uninstalled Google play and disabled it, I wish there was an option to just play it and not have to do it manually, still patiently waiting for v3

It's been half a year since last alpha release, maybe there should be at least a beta release? Or maybe in 2100? There are some little problems with my earphones since I updated to Android O, for instance, I can't pause/start playing music by earphone.

On 11/26/2017 at 0:28 AM, Stevieex23 said:

And does anyone know if I can add Poweramp to my default music player with Google assistant, or if Max will add the feature in Version 3.0? It would be a nice feature to just say play a song and then it plays through Poweramp instead of Google music player

I don't know if it's available on Nougat as I'm on Oreo but you can try to say open Poweramp on Google Assistant.

On 11/26/2017 at 8:27 PM, Aaron Fist said:

I don't know if it's available on Nougat as I'm on Oreo but you can try to say open Poweramp on Google Assistant.

Yes I know that, you can ask Google assistant to open any of your apps, what I'm saying is if I say play music, it doesn't have Poweramp as a default option, as in the default music player for the device, and I asked if anyone knew a way to do that

Archived