Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

Again some nervous situations ... some people do not understand that the process of creating an application is not easy, as there are android phones with so many errors to get out, better now let it take longer than immediately after the release of the shortcomings. And no wonder Max does not want to write anything, since so many people get upset only ....

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is that 3.0 is getting into a vicious cycle. App is almost ready but delayed to fix bugs on a few phones, then new Android system is out, rework has to be done, app is delayed to fix bugs on a few phones, then new Android system is out, rewor…

On 7/31/2017 at 11:31 PM, Mohax said:

How to enable HiRes output? No option gor this even my headphone  connected. FYI, my earphone is sennheiser momentum.

The Playstore beta doesn't have the option for some reason. Download the latest beta from this website and try.

On 7/31/2017 at 11:31 PM, Mohax said:

How to enable HiRes output? No option gor this even my headphone  connected. FYI, my earphone is sennheiser momentum.

On Android 7 you need to be using Poweramp build 704 to get the best chance of high-res working.

Andre

On 2.8.2017 at 5:00 PM, rafas92 said:

Again some nervous situations ... some people do not understand that the process of creating an application is not easy, as there are android phones with so many errors to get out, better now let it take longer than immediately after the release of the shortcomings. And no wonder Max does not want to write anything, since so many people get upset only ....

Such statements are generally true, but if someone repeatedly promises and does not adhere to anything and does not say a word to it makes the unbelievable and that is fact,I myself developed long complete Roms with and always tried to inform users. Who in three months is not able to give a statement why again no update came Has simply no desire and no interest in the community. I call that disrespectful of paying customers. But now I am annoyed no more, I find it rather amusing. Good night. 

8 hours ago, clever_man said:

Not what I was expecting given the previous mock-ups, but it's decent.

I'm hoping there will be a way to customise the gestures and layout, but it's most likely not going to happen.

Edit 1: Looks like a Samsung device, so hopefully this means the driver problems have been fixed and a release will be out soon. Also, thanks @clever_man

5 hours ago, jl91569 said:

I'm hoping there will be a way to customise the gestures and layout, but it's most likely not going to happen.

Personally (and I haven't been sent a test copy, so this is just my own thoughts at this stage) I really hope there is some way to disable gestures completely - just as you can in the current release version. I far prefer nice clear properly labelled [<<<],  [<<], [>], [>>], [>>>] buttons (as a minimum) for things like track and album changing rather than swiping my finger randomly around the screen (especially when driving). A single swipe feature to get from the Player screen to Library view and back (ideally from the very bottom of the Player screen upwards) perhaps wouldn't be a bad idea though.

I also hope the  white overlaid boxes with Title/Album/Artist/etc info are not a required element too; I'd prefer a clearly defined control/information area that does not obscure any of the album art (again, as per the current release build's "Hide Panels" feature, which Max mentioned would probably be returning to the final v3 product).

Hopefully we'll all know soon enough anyway, and the proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say! :)

Andre

44 minutes ago, Jason Adkins said:

Are u gonna be able to change the background to black or does it have to stay white?

That would be down to skins. Max did say he would include a dark theme as well as the default light one when v3 is released.

Andre

3 hours ago, Sanket103 said:

Ne update from max ??2017??2018??

I did get a brief reply from Max on Saturday, saying "I'm still working on UI. Unfortunately it's not possible to predict when it will end, and I can't set deadline. Will try to post current state of things on forum shortly, though."

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

I did get a brief reply from Max on Saturday, saying "I'm still working on UI. Unfortunately it's not possible to predict when it will end, and I can't set deadline. Will try to post current state of things on forum shortly, though."

Andre

Nice to hear a status report.  Too bad he's hung up on the UI.  Glad to hear he might report on the forum soon.  I sure can't wait for the finished product ;)  Moreso because my phone is too picky and won't play right with anything other then the 704 build.  Even the stock player skips in every song.

4 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

Too bad he's hung up on the UI.

The problem is that once Max started down the route of rebuilding the entire interface from the ground up, there could be no more incremental updates. The next beta can't be released until everything works properly on all test devices. I've made my own feelings clear on the importance of the interface versus real added features, but that's what the users voted for and it was never going to be a quick tweak.

Andre

On 28-7-2017 at 6:24 PM, chaithanya0207 said:

IMG_20170728_215053.thumb.jpg.c21679e9b1690502b95dd9f1ed7ba9a7.jpgApp is perfect now. Develop skins don't change menu placements. We want transparent full screen album art like Sony album app (album art displayed as 50% transparent at full screen including navigation bar still controls on top observe attachments) without hiding navigation bar.

IMG_20170728_215027.jpg

IMG_20170729_210543.jpg

IMG_20170729_210905.jpg

which version of Poweramp do you use. beceause by me it says "update needed" sony skin 1.8

Archived