Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20.4.2018 at 0:58 PM, MRK17 said:

You forgot to read the part where I say that it also looks functional and easy to use. I think usability is the most important thing next to sound quality. There are players which claim the best sound quality (tbh I can't even tell any difference between most of them, and it's not like I have crap headphones like beats or skullcandy, I listen mostly with my sennheiser HD599, not top of the line gear but way above average) but are clunky and borderline unusable (neuron player says hi).

Sorry, my mistake

It would be quicker for Thanos to complete the Infinite Stone and complete the Gauntlet than to build a Power Amp.If it was going to be late like now, it would have been a wise way to announce May or not to talk about time.

Everyone is wasting time on the torture of hope.

Assuming nothing shows up in the next 3-4 days, anyone have recommendations for music players with a similar interface that let you sort albums by date? There are a million players, but Poweramp is one of only a couple that lets you get granular with your sorting. The 8.1 notification bug is driving me nuts and it's the only reason I've been watching this thread.

1 minute ago, Domingo123 said:

Assuming nothing shows up in the next 3-4 days, anyone have recommendations for music players with a similar interface that let you sort albums by date? There are a million players, but Poweramp is one of only a couple that let's you get granular with your sorting.

With a similar interface, alas, no. There is a similar sound, the Neutron. But the interface is there - the designer's hell.

50 minutes ago, Domingo123 said:

Assuming nothing shows up in the next 3-4 days, anyone have recommendations for music players with a similar interface that let you sort albums by date? There are a million players, but Poweramp is one of only a couple that lets you get granular with your sorting. The 8.1 notification bug is driving me nuts and it's the only reason I've been watching this thread.

UAPP

1 hour ago, Domingo123 said:

BlackPlayer EX.

I liked very much Poweramp for a long time and even though I tried a lot of audio players (Neutron, UAPP, Footbar2000 etc... - most of them had bad UI, too complicated, bad or doesnt work with Viper4Android) , I liked Poweramp the most.... until recently when I tried BlackPlayer - it was recommended on DivineBeats (Viper4Android) XDA forum that it has the "best sound" - and I have to say it was true it ha a better sound quality than Poweramp for some reason (idk the cause) , even when using Viper4Android or DolbyAtmos....

I also like the UI much better, it dont has the "flow" fancy feature from PA alpha, but other than that does a lot more: it has built-in lyrics, you can read the profile of the authors and albums and it even warn you if you have messed up tags. Easier to navigate on it and  it is also much easer to edit tags with it than any other android app - if you want to fuse authors due to misstypes or mistakes.

For now I think it is the best music player app for Android also gets updated often which is good. 

29 minutes ago, RaidenHUN said:

BlackPlayer EX.

I liked very much Poweramp for a long time and even though I tried a lot of audio players (Neutron, UAPP, Footbar2000 etc... - most of them had bad UI, too complicated, bad or doesnt work with Viper4Android) , I liked Poweramp the most.... until recently when I tried BlackPlayer - it was recommended on DivineBeats (Viper4Android) XDA forum that it has the "best sound" - and I have to say it was true it ha a better sound quality than Poweramp for some reason (idk the cause) , even when using Viper4Android or DolbyAtmos....

I also like the UI much better, it dont has the "flow" fancy feature from PA alpha, but other than that does a lot more: it has built-in lyrics, you can read the profile of the authors and albums and it even warn you if you have messed up tags. Easier to navigate on it and  it is also much easer to edit tags with it than any other android app - if you want to fuse authors due to misstypes or mistakes.

For now I think it is the best music player app for Android also gets updated often which is good. 

When evaluating a player, first thing I look for is if it is using its own audio engine or relying on Android. If relying on Android, players are a dime a dozen, and they'll all sound the same. When you narrow the field by only those with custom audio engines, you end up with PA, UAPP, Neutron, and maybe others I don't know.

BlackPlayer uses Android, so it's basically like any Android based player sound wise. Just comes down to UI preference when choosing between those.

4 minutes ago, Icarus said:

i recommend STAYING dedicated to Poweramp and and NOT letting another suggest another player  

This is one reason I watch this thread, fanboys. In a few days, there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Andre, A man deserving a humanitarian award for keeping this forum going. Keep it going ref. This thread can be printed and sold as a novel.

PeterFalk, Love your posts.

Just now, Icarus said:

regret, band aid fix. never works out.  

download.jpg

What is there to regret? One can always return to Poweramp. I'm using UAPP and has features that Poweramp does not have.

1 minute ago, Icarus said:

you are in or out. the forum is for those IN.

In what?

There's no in or out. This is just software.

Fortunately with software you can use lots of it, like different programs.

It's not like I'm telling you to not use Poweramp, it's more like you can check other options while you wait of you want.

15 minutes ago, Kado said:

What is there to regret? One can always return to Poweramp. I'm using UAPP and has features that Poweramp does not have.

Same here, it automatically found HiRes on my Note 8

2 hours ago, Domingo123 said:

Pulsar Music Player....up to the time good.

On 4/18/2018 at 5:28 PM, clever_man said:

@Mohax, this isn't a thread for posting your's homework for a simple math course.

@clever_man, you must know something (you're from Russia).  Is the closed-beta delayed again? Because I don't believe it will come this month, only 3 more days of April. 

Why does Max love keeping us in the dark so much

Crying_cat.jpg.297c106d3681ee0b141d59108e2eea48.jpg

Archived