Poweramp
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

14 hours ago, andrewilley said:

But it does need to be a working product.

Andre

2 years and still not working? The thing that it had to be rebuild because of new UI isn't an excuse... If he can't manage this project by himself maybe it's time to take proper steps to change it? Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing new release. Alpha has 3 annoying bugs that haven't been resolved ever... I'm curious if they are still present in beta.

5 hours ago, Keerah said:

HEY HEY! Good news for everyone who still misses HIRES output. Try NEUTRON player, the developer recently added the experimental Hires output support and it worked for my HTC10, although its was quite tricky, but it WORKS now with no lags! If it's not detected automatically, search for Audio Hardware settings, then turn on the Generic Diver and go through all modes to find the one supported by your phone. F**ck Poweramp, Neutron has 64 bit processing and parametric EQ, give it a try.

For my HTC 10 lifestyle the settings were: 

On AUDIO HARDWARE screen:
Disable 32 bit output
Disable Low Latency
Eanble Generic Driver then tap on Generic Driver text for the next screen

On GENERIC DRIVER page disable all settings except Custom Format, then click Custom Format itself
then on FORMAT screen I chose 
Format: 24 bit
Frequency: 192 bit
Mode: FAST 
Right after enabling these you'll hear a slight volume decrease, that means you Hires works now, you can also see the status of your output in AUDIO HARDWARE screen in the field under CPU VEC and DRV information (its also clickable to see the log of output initialization). 

Tried but no good.... Guys plz help me I'm using redmi note 4 with omni rom custom oreo... even though my device support hi res but output of dumpsys media.audio_flinger is always 48khz 16bit pcm 😭😭

6 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

Sharing your emotions with the forum is normal? I can understand being impatient but telling the whole forum that could be more from the world joining. Not saying to be rude but it is kind of bothering others that they come here to share their emotions of how they feel towards them not being patient. We can't control your impatience. Neither can Max. Oh and in first post, it says about this too about requests to finish and release it sooner.

Yeah true ... But when its a forum you expect such banter.. heck even after the beta release some guys would be sobbing about how bad they feel it is and will make statements about switching to some other player😑

On 4/11/2018 at 2:26 PM, musick said:

As @andrewilleysaid, go ahead & test it out on PA alpha. If not, wait for the beta release(hopefully this month), or go for UAPP(USB Audio Player Pro), which I can confirm added HiRes to Mi A1 since it was mentioned in the changelog a few updates back. Hope this helped! Happy listening!

Thanks man 

but just asking how do u know that high res audio is working ? 

The audio quality btw play music and Poweramp is different( Poweramp is better obviously)

Is that mean high res Is working ???

35 minutes ago, WizUranus said:

Does this new version support DACs like the LG G6?

There is no new version yet, but the next beta build is meant to support many more devices for high-res use. I assume that will include LG, but we'll know when we get to try it.

Ande

6 hours ago, JJ Singh said:

Guys plz help me I'm using redmi note 4 with omni rom custom oreo...

If the alpha test experimental build of PA does not work on your device / custom ROM, please revert to the stable build. Although unfortunate the latest Oreo releases are causing a few issues at the moment, so the next beta build of v3 can't come a moment too soon for many people.

Andre

Hey guys,

Like all of you, I'm waiting for the V3 of Poweramp. I own the full version of the app.

I'm trying to de-Googlify, and I'm wondering if I can use the full version without the Google PlayStore ?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, darkvadd7 said:

I'm trying to de-Googlify, and I'm wondering if I can use the full version without the Google PlayStore ?

Yes, you can buy a licence from the website instead. However it requires email validation, and most of that time that requires Google services (see http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323571-unlocker-without-google-account for exceptions though).

Andre

53 minutes ago, Icarus said:

ANYONE AT ALL KNOW if next version will be fully functional with oreo OS and samsung.

Hold my beer, 

let-me-look-into-my-crystal-ball.jpg

Yep, I knew it. I see another delay coming, brace yourselves my fellow audiophiles :lol:

2 hours ago, Filip777 said:

Hold my beer, 

let-me-look-into-my-crystal-ball.jpg

Yep, I knew it. I see another delay coming, brace yourselves my fellow audiophiles :lol:

We have been waiting for 2 years.

Are we able to wait even longer?

"YES WE CAN"

1 minute ago, Icarus said:

no many wont after a while. its like samsung. they lose customers.

I've already buried the hope long ago and I'm at NEUTRON.

Every now and then I look in here and notice again and again that nothing has happened.

People still waiting ...

I think that Jesus Christ personally comes back to earth to announce the completion of Poweramp V3.

(I hope you can read the sarcasm)

Nobody is noticing that this Monday Poweramp 703/704 will be two years old.

By the way I hope for something on that date, after that date I'll bury my hopes for v3 beta.

3 hours ago, AryToNeX said:

Nobody is noticing that this Monday Poweramp 703/704 will be two years old.

By the way I hope for something on that date, after that date I'll bury my hopes for v3 beta.

I'm with this one

2 hours ago, OMi said:

I hope max stays on his word and release v3 within this month.

Actually, he told he will release the beta version of v3 this month and you won't have the v3 until 2020 I guess....

Hi Andre, Can you ask Max if he can atleast provide us with the latest beta version he had built? (Which he had given only to approved members) 

I can manage with the bugs I guess... I just badly need it...

2 hours ago, Karthik2000 said:

Hi Andre, Can you ask Max if he can atleast provide us with the latest beta version he had built? (Which he had given only to approved members) 

I can manage with the bugs I guess... I just badly need it...

Why do you think that anyone got a test version of his dev branch outside of the public channels like here or the playstore?

If that would be the case you for sure would be able to download that from not official sources....

7 hours ago, Karthik2000 said:

No one has a complete beta build as there isn't one. Please read the first message in the thread.

However I do agree with @krazzyvishal that the Oreo stability problems in the stable release really need addressing if there is to be any further delay in the next v3 beta.

Andre

i would say so strongly. Nothing worse than clicking Poweramp, the only app out of 600 on my note 8 that literally locks up device every time.  

25 minutes ago, Icarus said:

i would say so strongly. Nothing worse than clicking Poweramp, the only app out of 600 on my note 8 that literally locks up device every time.  

Works ok on my Note8 SM-N905F with oreo