Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

5 hours ago, Bailiff Mehmet Ali said:

I too find the name-marquee over the album cover a bit dissatisfying...

On a personal note, that's bothering me a bit too. The first time I saw it I assumed it was just test images, but the same black band labelling appears to be present on the latest video that Max released too. I'm not sure why the title/artist/album details are not in the large empty gap beneath the cover art where they belong rather than obscuring about a third of the image. Hopefully there's an option to remove this "Dymo label" look anyway, along with hiding icons until they are needed as per the current stable interface. (Does anyone else remember those manual Dymo machines where you made chunky sticky wording labels by turning a dial and embossing a plastic tape strip? http://b-muses.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/retro-naming.html )

Others

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

Yesterday I loaded again the Poweramp V3 on my Axon 7.

How to know sits in Axon 7 a 32bit AKM DAC.

This sound chip makes the Axon 7 a soundwonder.

Unfortunately, Poweramp does not want to recognize that for some reason. So that my Axon 7 with Poweramp on maximally 16bit and 48 khz is cut.

I used to be able to select the Hi Res mode and it worked great as well.

After an update to Android 7 Hi Res could still be selected, but an error message was permanently displayed. As a result I could not play music in Hi Res via Poweramp.

In the meantime, I can not even select the Hi Res output in Poweramp anymore.

Other apps like Neutron are no problem.

This problem with Poweramp has been known for some time and absolutely nothing was done to fix it.

If I had not paid for Poweramp, I would not care.

Since I paid for Poweramp, I also expect that I can use it fully.

Sorry guys to bother you here.. what does Poweramp v3 test means? is it the latest version that gonna be released in beta later on or is it just 703 or 704?

Because clicking 'Get v3 test' on Poweramp settings lead me to the beta test page. I have become a beta tester but from there all I can have is the google play link where I can download only up to 703.

I'm not noticing any issues on Oreo with the Mate 9. However I'm keen to know when we'll get v3 beta as I've been on alpha 703 for quite some time. Stable as and I like it but there doesn't seem to be a v3 build out to test yet. Will we be able to revert to alpha build once the v3 beta goes live if it doesn't work? Or will we have to quit beta programme and go back to official version. I am happy with the 703 alpha and hoping that I'll be able to keep it if I find the update troublesome I've not been part of any beta programme before so I really don't know how it works. This one seems pretty slow and drawn out but Poweramp is the best player out there and I love the improved version, just wish we could get updates a bit quicker. 

What strikes me weird is why didn't Max atleast take some time off to expand the HiRes support in the current 704 alpha, say once every 6 months. That way he can take all the time he requires to develop a new UI be it 2, 4, 6 whatever years without anyone complaining.

24 minutes ago, Stevieex23 said:

Can you do high res without using USB Dac?

If your internal DAC supports high res then yes. For me the problem is the usage of android mixer to output audio instead of a direct path to the DAC.

1 hour ago, Mark Benedick Rantael said:

GUYS...  Just asking if you're already a beta tester of the app the get v3 test option in setting will not show?? 

No, the first release of the beta test will not initially be issued via the Google automatic beta programme, you'll need to download and install it manually from here if you want it before the masses.

Andre

I currently use alpha build 704 on my Galaxy S8 Snapdragon device, with Android 7.0 nougat, stock and currently unrooted. and while I eagerly await the chance to test version 3, I also have no complaints whatsoever about the current alpha build.

Poweramp in my opinion has always been one of if not the best music player out there. The only thing that I wish the current alpha build had that it doesn't is the theming support. A very minor and tolerable thing, considering the absolutely phenomenal quality of this music player.

Max, you are absolutely to be commended and being that you're working on this entire project single-handedly, I for one salute you in what you have accomplished thus far!

I hope you are doing well and keep up the excellent work.

4 hours ago, Sylvo said:

Hey Audio Experts,

I need to ask about something that's there in my phone but I don't know what it means can you help me out

My phone is a Mi A1 

There is some sort of an amplifier in it 

But does it work with the alpha builds ?

http://mobile.mi.com/in/app/mi-a1

Screenshot_20180411-100748.png

As @andrewilleysaid, go ahead & test it out on PA alpha. If not, wait for the beta release(hopefully this month), or go for UAPP(USB Audio Player Pro), which I can confirm added HiRes to Mi A1 since it was mentioned in the changelog a few updates back. Hope this helped! Happy listening!

the google play version is stable. The beta some having issues using the beta. its a matter of trial and error.

damn best player, and cant wait for a stable version 3.

i have a note 8 with oreo 

the alpha builds are work in progress.

Archived