Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

Devin,

For one, it's ONE DEVELOPER working on this project, not a team. For two, I'm slightly agreeing with what is being worked on as I would've liked to have seem alot of functionality updates, but the way you come across is not the way to talk. I'll admit it has taken along time, and but hopefully once we see the first v3 release, it might be worth revisiting; atleast for me. I always thought having v2 skins (esp transparent skin made things sexy.) Not only DLNA/Chromecast support, but import playlists from last.fm, scrobble played songs, restore skins, fix this problem where it kept using gallery-stored pics as song covers  (highly annoying).

It would have also been nice to rename songs/auto correct tag info with script support.

It would have also cool  have used the real code and functionality from milkdrop. The way presets worked in winamp was way better also, from legacy versions that allowed visualizations, they stripped the ability to display the song, etc

This sucked because Poweramp would have been a nice car media player app as well had it had the same working functionality as winamp's visualization.  Would have been nice to import actual visualizations from Winamp as well.

At any rate, I hope the developer heard this message during the making of v3 as I've said it multiple times. "MATERIAL DESIGN WAS NOT THE ONLY THING PEOPLE BITCHES ABOUT OR CARES ABOUT. That's what skins are for...for looks. I don't think a complete overhaul of the entire UI was necessary. 

That's my two cents....im still eager to play around with the new one to see if it's worth it. I hope it is after this long. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, lbiza said:

Devin,

For one, it's ONE DEVELOPER working on this project, not a team. For two, I'm slightly agreeing with what is being worked on as I would've liked to have seem alot of functionality updates, but the way you come across is not the way to talk. I'll admit it has taken along time, and but hopefully once we see the first v3 release, it might be worth revisiting; atleast for me. I always thought having v2 skins (esp transparent skin made things sexy.) Not only DLNA/Chromecast support, but import playlists from last.fm, scrobble played songs, restore skins, fix this problem where it kept using gallery-stored pics as song covers  (highly annoying).

It would have also been nice to rename songs/auto correct tag info with script support.

It would have also cool  have used the real code and functionality from milkdrop. The way presets worked in winamp was way better also, from legacy versions that allowed visualizations, they stripped the ability to display the song, etc

This sucked because Poweramp would have been a nice car media player app as well had it had the same working functionality as winamp's visualization.  Would have been nice to import actual visualizations from Winamp as well.

At any rate, I hope the developer heard this message during the making of v3 as I've said it multiple times. "MATERIAL DESIGN WAS NOT THE ONLY THING PEOPLE BITCHES ABOUT OR CARES ABOUT. That's what skins are for...for looks. I don't think a complete overhaul of the entire UI was necessary. 

That's my two cents....im still eager to play around with the new one to see if it's worth it. I hope it is after this long. 

I agree that the ui was not that necessary for you, but Poweramp is a product, which has to appeal new customers too, and no many new people will buy it with the old ui. And your artwok problem i think it has a fix, try these settings

IMG_20180404_080846.jpg

1 hour ago, lbiza said:

Devin,

I *know* it's one guy. That's part of my point. People have demanded  complete rebuild from one guy. The  many of these people bitch that this one guy is taking a long time to complete this overhaul. Honestly, how was that such a cryptic point that it entirely escaped you

Personal comments removed from recent posts. Discussion about the new interface is fine, insulting other users is not. Please also remember that English is not always the first language of the people who may post here.

By the way, I too am sad that Material Design was considered to be the main feature that Poweramp required in order to make it a better player. My own view has always been that real features should have come first, as 99% of the time when I'm listening to PA the screen is off anyway. Unfortunately MD was what was voted for though, so sadly there has now been two years of potential real features lost to us, but there's no point crying over spilt milk now.

Andre

12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Personal comments removed from recent posts. Discussion about the new interface is fine, insulting other users is not. Please also remember that English is not always the first language of the people who may post here.

By the way, I too am sad that Material Design was considered to be the main feature that Poweramp required in order to make it a better player. My own view has always been that real features should have come first, as 99% of the time when I'm listening to PA the screen is off anyway. Unfortunately MD was what was voted for though, so sadly there has now been two years of potential real features lost to us, but there's no point crying over spilt milk now.

Andre

Good afternoon,
Max-Andre, this application must be updated through the collaboration of all to remain the best music playback application. There should be a page for "community" in Google + to be more attractive, attached one of the application Blackplayer EX - which in design and functionalities is excellent and is what Poweramp should do and worry if you want to "win customers" .. We are a globalized world ... you have a great application due to the fact that the reproduction of the audio is exquisite, but if we want to continue being the best we must continue to develop it among all.

Captura_opt.png

@César Carmona

No, this is a music player, should have high quality audio output, friendly interface and feature rich. You're not supposed to be staring at the player but to listen to the music it plays back. Also what's the point of copying other players? If black player is so good why don't you use it?

I'm using UAPP with a USB DAC btw.

On 4/3/2018 at 5:38 PM, Devin said:

Good God, the new UI looks horrid. Material Design SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS AAAAAASSS!!! 

That's your own opinion, the majority voted for MD because that's what most people like.

I don't get why people are crying over MD. Poweramp needed an UI overhaul and now was the best time for it.. If max would have gone for features instead of UI 2 years ago.. i gaurantee that after few years when google would introduce another ui design Poweramp would be the new Neutron Player. Max and the community made a wise decision. Ull get your features sobbers but i think you would be more happy to know that since the new ui is ready... Updates will be faster and max will work on features & nothing else after the release of this beta 

Judging by the words of Andre, the terms are transferred to at least the end of April, and if to judge objectively, then most likely at the end of May, when the public beta version of Android 9 will be released, and since there is no Material Design, there will again be an interface fit, the terms will shift for the autumn and so on a new circle to infinity. I'm just for sports interest, I want to know - what prevents Max from releasing beta in public right now, if everything works there?
Just kindergarten some.

17 minutes ago, PeterFalk said:

Judging by the words of Andre, the terms are transferred to at least the end of April ... what prevents Max from releasing beta in public right now, if everything works there?

The timeline Max used in his last post was "April", and I'm certainly not going to put any money on that implying early April! And also in his post is that some menus/etc are not active in the new interface yet, so everything was not working at the time - specifically: "the only blocking issue is finalizing all the ui missing parts, like various list context menu actions, finishing converting the ui to a new animation framework I have now.".

Andre

45 minutes ago, SynekPablo said:

Where can you look at the new design?

There are people who complain about the new design so they must have seen it somewhere.

Can someone please give me a hint where to look at the design.

Thank you

Dude, did you even read the title of this thread?

1 hour ago, SynekPablo said:

Where can you look at the new design?

There are people who complain about the new design so they must have seen it somewhere.

Can someone please give me a hint where to look at the design.

Thank you

Just play video from post #1

21 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

Only one reason I left BlackPlayer EX to Poweramp, and that is sound quality. Otherwise, if BlackPlayer had Poweramps sound quality, then I would be using it over Poweramp.

I hope that with the new version 3 we can see something that many users were asking, I also follow Poweramp from the beginning of the version ... Poweramp must develop between all, it must encourage creativity, Poweramp is a great player for its audio, but must and improve every day more ... there is a lot of competition and I want Poweramp to follow the best.
I say goodbye with a lot of respect, thanks for Max's great work.

In my opinion, the focus in developing a music player should be completely focused on audio playback.

The UI should be simple and functional.

What good is a nice UI if the sound is bad?

If I hear music, my display is out anyway, right?

Poweramp is not a video player that has to score with visuals.

In the V3 Alpha, many users had problems with hi-res playback.

Has this problem been resolved?

This would be crucial for me, if it still causes problems the app is not interesting for me.

Poweramp stands and falls with the quality of the audio playback, because the UI can be as nice as it wants.

This is my opinion.

1 hour ago, César Carmona said:

I hope that with the new version 3 we can see something that many users were asking

To be honest, I don't really expect to see anything much by way of new or requested features in the initial v3 release, other than things that come about due to the interface re-write (such as solving issues with album art, display, views, etc).

Genuine new functionality features will start to get added once the long-awaited new interface is done. 

Andre

Archived