Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

3 hours ago, Ameya28 said:

Yeah so stop ranting about custom roms and which device you guys rock ?

I don't mean to be "ranting", I think of it more of reporting an error and asking if it will be fixed or not (Don't see anything wrong with that). And MIUI is used by a LOT of people and I use it as my main OS (and I don't plan on switching), so I would hope that there may be a fix in the future.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Developers, 

I am very excited to see upcoming version of Poweramp.

But After watching multiple times demo video of latest unreleased  Poweramp, I am very disappointed about the visualization setting option, there is no "keep controls"  setting option. 

Currently I am using the same setting in present Poweramp. As shown in the screen shot below,  visualization  playing  in place of Album art and also control does not fade. 

Please fix it before its release. 

Thanks 

Screenshot_20180329-005313.png

2 hours ago, Sachin Godara said:

Come on max the weeknd bout to drop his new album tonight and we still don't have Poweramp v3? Lmao

I didn't even knew that the weknd is releasing a new album, thanks for the news, I hope a flac version will be available too

As everyone, i can't wait for the next update, this is the best player i've found on play store, for sure it was worth every penny :D 

Thanks devs for bringing this to the world, every time i got a new phone, this is one of the very first applications i install, can't live without it :P

This progress is slow..too slow ... especially to the many persons who have paid for this app like myself. Two years and no development, I think we deserve better as I personally loved Poweramp over the years and  it has remained my favourite music player. However with nougat and oreo there are quite alot of bugs and I mean for 2018 we want something that looks more modern, more material, more functional etc.

55 minutes ago, ChaundB said:

This progress is slow..too slow ... especially to the many persons who have paid for this app like myself. Two years and no development, I think we deserve better as I personally loved Poweramp over the years and  it has remained my favourite music player. However with nougat and oreo there are quite alot of bugs and I mean for 2018 we want something that looks more modern, more material, more functional etc.

what are you talking about Poweramp v2 and v3aplpha are fuctional and this is the most intuitive interface i ever used in a player, the only downside on using PA right now is lack for hi-res audio support on oreo, but is not that big of a deal for me, from my 1500+ music library only around 200 songs are 24bit or higher, maybe 500 or so of 16bit flacs and the rest are m4a or mp3 

4 minutes ago, ionutzpaul61 said:

what are you talking about Poweramp v2 and v3aplpha are fuctional and this is the most intuitive interface i ever used in a player, the only downside on using PA right now is lack for hi-res audio support on oreo, but is not that big of a deal for me, from my 1500+ music library only around 200 songs are 24bit or higher, maybe 500 or so of 16bit flacs and the rest are m4a or mp3 

Dude...... The point is the last update was 2 years ago Fullstop. I and many others have purchased this app and deserve more. Im on the latest and greatest and I should get all what I payed for OK. You have a beta thats over two years old ?...come on, 3 versions of android has been released since then. Player Pro is always ensuring their app is updated and their player is not as good as Poweramp but at least they give their users the support they need and deserve. For too long I see people on here having issues in Poweramp via the forum and not an update done since 2016. Unacceptable.

18 minutes ago, ChaundB said:

Dude...... The point is the last update was 2 years ago Fullstop. I and many others have purchased this app and deserve more. 

Dude, you don't 'deserve' more (you paid for Poweramp v588, anything else after that is a nice bonus). You expect more. And it will come, but there is only one owner/developer of Poweramp, and unfortunately it takes time - a lot more time than people would like.

Andre

Its nice that you mention version 588 cause 588 doesnt work on Oreo which is even more disapointing cause it means you must get the beta version. My point remains " Poweramp is good but the users deserve more and two years no update isnt good enough " I know development takes time, but remember if you want users to remain interested in an app you sell it must be up to date or recent in its functionality. Poweramp app is not the only music app out there, while others are constantly refreshing theirs,  Poweramp is 2 years behind in release development. This is my final reply on this and many users will sure agree. 

6 hours ago, ChaundB said:

Es bueno que menciones la versión 588 porque 588 no funciona en Oreo, lo que es aún más decepcionante porque significa que debes obtener la versión beta. Mi punto sigue siendo "Poweramp es bueno, pero los usuarios merecen más y dos años, ninguna actualización es lo suficientemente buena" Sé que el desarrollo lleva tiempo, pero recuerda que si quieres que los usuarios sigan interesados en una aplicación que vendes, debe estar actualizada o ser reciente. su funcionalidad La aplicación Poweramp no es la única aplicación de música que existe, mientras que otras la refrescan constantemente, mientras que Poweramp tiene 2 años de retraso en el desarrollo de la versión. Esta es mi última respuesta al respecto y muchos usuarios estarán de acuerdo. 

Exacto, pienso lo mismo.

Archived